Think I’m doing well…Looking for any advice

harrisgunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 gallon oceanic biocube with led canopy and media basket with filter floss, purigen, and chemipure elite. 77 degree Fahrenheit

3 orange skunk clownfish
1 fire goby

Waving hand anthelia
Green monster goniopora
Red montipora cap
Blue sponge coral
Watermelon Psammocora
Birds of paradise Birdsnest
Sanddollar Porites Coral
Yellow sun coral

4 Nassarius snail
1 turbo snail
Feather duster (shed his crown but regrowing slowly)
Sexy shrimp

LED schedule
1: 2pm-6pm (white)
2: 1:30pm-7:30pm (beauty)
3: 9:30am-11:30pm (blue)

Feed 1/8tsp reef roids daily or every other day, phyto 2-3 times a week, and brine shrimp once a week or every other week. Water changes weekly to bi weekly using ro unit and instant ocean reef crystals.

Any suggestions on my scheduling or setup? I have seen major growth in my anthelia and a tiny bit in goniopora but almost none in my sps but my montipora had white spots which I thought was bleaching from too much light but it seems they do that when growing.

IMG_0280.jpeg IMG_0277.jpeg IMG_0284.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feed the fish? They would like to eat at least one meal each day.

The trio of skunks may start fighting when they start to mature and decide who’s going to be the boss(mom is always the boss). The other two will have to submit or die, so keep a sharp eye out for squabbles and if one or two are getting badly injured they may have to be removed from the squad.

Otherwise, the tank and corals are looking good and they should have a great future growing up.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good so far. I would lay off the daily reef roids, your algae issue is just starting and will get worse.

What kind of flow do you have in there? It looks like only the return nozzle... perhaps might want to consider adding a powerhead in there, flow and surface agitation are good for a tank

OP
OP
H

harrisgunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good so far. I would lay off the daily reef roids, your algae issue is just starting and will get worse.

What kind of flow do you have in there? It looks like only the return nozzle... perhaps might want to consider adding a powerhead in there, flow and surface agitation are good for a tank
I have the powerhead on the surface for oxygen exchange and a small magnetic powerhead with 1600gph but i keep it on a low pulse setting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back