Thinking about adding a foxface

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in the tank all the time with mine....just make sure you know where he is before you start digging in the tank....they will avoid you at all costs. I have gotten close to being stung when feeding though.......my fish all go straight to the top and jostle for position, often leaving the water.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only attack if you cornered them. I never have nay problem with mine. Very usefulfish but only for large tanks. Not recommend unless >120. I know many people recomended smaller tank but this fish get huge, even the smallest of the Genus with is the One-Spot Foxface. Mine reach 8 inches very quickly in my tank, larger than my PBT, and On par with my Chevron Tang. I think the common wisdom about their size is wrong and understated.
AlgaeRockDay1.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in Houston last weekend and got a tiny Foxface Lo for 30.00. Same fish same size for sale here in Corpus was 89.99 at Petco and one of the LFS. He was a little thin but eating well no visible disease so I released him into my DT. Only 2 inches. Some of the wrasse bother him a little, but he is handling them fine. Looks like he will do fine
00070A0B-413F-4340-AE4F-206CFC59665C.jpeg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pricing and availability of foxfaces seems all over the place during covid. it took me quite awhile to finally find a small one spot foxface. i waited months for a magnificent foxface, but they were never available and now that they finally are they're $200+

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back