Thinking of getting into saltwater

CoralFett

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
16
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have always wanted a reef tank, so I have just been researching reefing from this forum and finally decided to make an account. I have had some planted guppy tanks and some planted beta tanks, but stopped for a while as they were not very interesting to me. I'm finally thinking of giving saltwater tanks a try. Guppies have always interested me due to their colors, and that is what is making me think of setting up my first reef tank.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hi
I have always wanted a reef tank, so I have just been researching reefing from this forum and finally decided to make an account. I have had some planted guppy tanks and some planted beta tanks, but stopped for a while as they were not very interesting to me. I'm finally thinking of giving saltwater tanks a try. Guppies have always interested me due to their colors, and that is what is making me think of setting up my first reef tank.

Welcome, it is addicting and absolutely money draining at times lol worth it though.

Just be sure to look up common fish disease and quarantine procedures. One of the biggest hurdles in this hobby for beginners is just how many parasites these fish come in with from the ocean and some of them can wipe out a tank.
 
Welcome to the community! I recently came across saltwater mollies, which I thought were just for freshwater. Almost like guppies, kinda. ha-ha. If you're wanting to get into reefs and saltwater then this is the place for you! Everyone is so helpful, and you barely have to make a new thread to find an answer to your question because someone out there probably has already asked. Never be afraid to ask questions either. There is no judgement here!
 
Hi
I have always wanted a reef tank, so I have just been researching reefing from this forum and finally decided to make an account. I have had some planted guppy tanks and some planted beta tanks, but stopped for a while as they were not very interesting to me. I'm finally thinking of giving saltwater tanks a try. Guppies have always interested me due to their colors, and that is what is making me think of setting up my first reef tank.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Greetings and welcome to the reef!

Star Wars GIF


Come and join us. We have cookies...
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new