Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plus i got you ketchup.
Banana!!!
bananas GIF

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is my one day completely free of any job. Have some goals. Food, water test and then finally get the awc system hooked up and running on the big tank. Still debating running the moonshine method. The fauna Marin test is supposedly being replaced but the ATI test I sent on 2/2 is now also mia. No record of it anywhere. So I will at least get the awc hooked up and decide later.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is my one day completely free of any job. Have some goals. Food, water test and then finally get the awc system hooked up and running on the big tank. Still debating running the moonshine method. The fauna Marin test is supposedly being replaced but the ATI test I sent on 2/2 is now also mia. No record of it anywhere. So I will at least get the awc hooked up and decide later.
ATI is pretty consistently about 2 weeks for me I wouldn't worry yet. I've never followed tracking on them and also never had a test go missing.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got up took boys for morning walk, coffee, fed dogs, put jerky in, went down to the fish lair and got to work. Cleaned up straightened up and organized. Tested water, made fresh saltwater. Went grocery shopping, stopped at hardware store for some fittings and tubing. More shopping. Home to drop off groceries. Went out and grabbed lunch (I was craving a specific thing) and stop at walmart for something they were out of at the other two grocery stores. Home another dog walk, back to hardware store because I got the wrong sized adapter fitting. Hooked up quick connect to the bath faucet for the new office tank and replaced the return tubing. Out to Home Depot to get the more different tubing for the AWC. Fed dogs another walk. Finally ate my sub. Downstairs to do the water change on the big tank and set up the AWC. Didn't buy enough tubing so stopped once I got the output lines done. I hope this stupid thing is worth it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I missed the discourse on how to do this jerky, can someone link it to me so I can bookmark it for later??
Step 1: kill the meat animal of choice (don't get caught if it's out of season) or buy some better meat cut
Step 2: cut into strips
Step 3: marinate
Step 4: make jerky
Step 5: eat it

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got up took boys for morning walk, coffee, fed dogs, put jerky in, went down to the fish lair and got to work. Cleaned up straightened up and organized. Tested water, made fresh saltwater. Went grocery shopping, stopped at hardware store for some fittings and tubing. More shopping. Home to drop off groceries. Went out and grabbed lunch (I was craving a specific thing) and stop at walmart for something they were out of at the other two grocery stores. Home another dog walk, back to hardware store because I got the wrong sized adapter fitting. Hooked up quick connect to the bath faucet for the new office tank and replaced the return tubing. Out to Home Depot to get the more different tubing for the AWC. Fed dogs another walk. Finally ate my sub. Downstairs to do the water change on the big tank and set up the AWC. Didn't buy enough tubing so stopped once I got the output lines done. I hope this stupid thing is worth it.
Is it really a project if you don't go to the store 3 times?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 1: kill the meat animal of choice (don't get caught if it's out of season) or buy some better meat cut
I thought I saw something about a ninja being involved

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered some 90 degree connectors which should make hooking up the AWC easier. Heading to the store tomorrow for the rest of the tubing so hopefully that will be done. Then I ordered the filters for the upstairs rodi and a dolly for the brute can. Ordered a new side panel, shelf brackets and a new door hinge for the stand. So when all that gets here all I need is to order sand and we are ready to roll.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that partially freezing it makes it easier to cut. Cut in strips bw 1/4 and 1/2 inch. I use 1/2 c soy sause, 1/2 c wersteshire, heaping tbsp of chopped garlic, Tbsp garlic powder tbsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp to a tsp of cyanne depending on how hot i want it i may go more.
Insta dehydrate 165 degree for 3 hrs

EDIT this is just how i like to make it. there are probably hundreds of marinade recipe's on line

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that partially freezing it makes it easier to cut. Cut in strips bw 1/4 and 1/2 inch. I use 1/2 c soy sause, 1/2 c wersteshire, heaping tbsp of chopped garlic, Tbsp garlic powder tbsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp to a tsp of cyanne depending on how hot i want it i may go more.
Insta dehydrate 165 degree for 3 hrs

EDIT this is just how i like to make it. there are probably hundreds of marinade recipe's on line
I grind the meat and then use a massive caulk gun looking thing to squeeze out strips for most of my jerky. This allows me to mix the seasonings in and to use all parts of the animal that are usually riddled with silver skin or fat. Just trim all of that out, cube it, grind it, and squeeze it lol.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back