Third time better be the charm

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grind the meat and then use a massive caulk gun looking thing to squeeze out strips for most of my jerky. This allows me to mix the seasonings in and to use all parts of the animal that are usually riddled with silver skin or fat. Just trim all of that out, cube it, grind it, and squeeze it lol.
There you go again squeezing your meat!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go again squeezing your meat!

Yup.

I do not waste thing. Deer, hog (I shoot and prep for friends, as I do not eat), rabbit, squirrel, etc. all makes good jerky or sausage lol. Well, the hog gets done like that, but with the thick tip (yup I said that) and then it becomes a square sausage after I cut it. You just freeze it, as opposed to dehydrating it. My friends love that stuff, as 2 strips makes a nice sammich.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup.

I do not waste thing. Deer, hog (I shoot and prep for friends, as I do not eat), rabbit, squirrel, etc. all makes good jerky or sausage lol. Well, the hog gets done like that, but with the thick tip (yup I said that) and then it becomes a square sausage after I cut it. You just freeze it, as opposed to dehydrating it. My friends love that stuff, as 2 strips makes a nice sammich.
I forgot, I also make homemade dog food with any scraps. Mostly venison is used for that.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my ATI results this am. Not too bad, or not as bad as I thought they would be. Here are the recommended actions per the ATI website.
recomendations 2-2.png

I have NeoNitrate so I can use that. I was wondering tho (please don't laugh) is the middle column MY water value and the first column the "recommended" value? The 3rd column would be how much I need to raise it then?
I am plugging the #'s into the RM calculator as well to see if it will be worth investing in that to help.
Tank isn't terrible just can't get some things to be happy. Specifically, the Goni's I have and the Alveopora. I am thinking it may be a lighting issue based on the test results.
*** EDIT *** first column is MY value 2nd Column is recommended value 3rd colum is too high or too low and how much to increase or decrease got it.

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got my ATI results this am. Not too bad, or not as bad as I thought they would be. Here are the recommended actions per the ATI website.
recomendations 2-2.png

I have NeoNitrate so I can use that. I was wondering tho (please don't laugh) is the middle column MY water value and the first column the "recommended" value? The 3rd column would be how much I need to raise it then?
I am plugging the #'s into the RM calculator as well to see if it will be worth investing in that to help.
Tank isn't terrible just can't get some things to be happy. Specifically, the Goni's I have and the Alveopora. I am thinking it may be a lighting issue based on the test results.
*** EDIT *** first column is MY value 2nd Column is recommended value 3rd colum is too high or too low and how much to increase or decrease got it.
Value is yours, calculated value is recommended, 3rd is suggested dosage - correct!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skipping the investment in the Moonshiners. I have some trace elements I won from Brightwell so I will start there. Will also test monthly going forward to see how levels change. Also keeping a better calendar of what I am doing and when vs just wining it or when I remember.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revised list of reservation for swap tomorrow.
Baby jawbreaker
Golden gonzo shroom
Mushroom rock and 4 turbos
Lazy blue zing birdnest
Hyper watermelon chalice
Mint green pavona
2 bottles of pods
Smat farm light

On the lookout for
Rainbow pectinia
Nice plate

For some reason I have yet to figure out I have been unsuccessful with most gonis, alveoporas and any sticks other then pocilipora and birdsnest. Cyphystria is fine chalices and favias are OK. Got another ATI test to run after I get back from indi. Hopefully the trace I have been adding has helped but it may just be too early to see results.
Gha is back and possibly briopsis. Hopefully the turbos will help with that.
Have a great Fri yay I will see about swap pix tomorrow as well.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left after only an hr and a half. I need a tissue and a cigarette.
20230225_123817.jpg

On my list of ok to buy no matter what were
Rainbow pectinia and another cool plate. Done and done and got some surprises for you all.
Heading home to dip now.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left after only an hr and a half. I need a tissue and a cigarette.
20230225_123817.jpg

On my list of ok to buy no matter what were
Rainbow pectinia and another cool plate. Done and done and got some surprises for you all.
Heading home to dip now.
Woot woot!!! Can’t wait!
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

PS. I’m not patient.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splam worthy if I do say so myself.
20230225_145256.jpg
20230225_145119.jpg
20230225_145142.jpg
20230225_145247.jpg
20230225_145109.jpg
20230225_145006.jpg

So I am torn between the deal of the day. The button scoly 3rd from left front, the rainbow plate 5th from left top or the "Ursula" shroom 4th from left top.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already moved pectinia to sandbed in corner. And yes we do put peci's in the corner.
This guy is pretty awesome too freebie with the other plate. More green then the one I have.
20230225_151715.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back