This has gotten stupid

What modes do you run the XF350 (cloud edition) on with the wave engine? I can’t get them to do any sort of pulsing without them stalling and giving me the red “check pump” error. I just run them on Gyre mode now. In the last year I’ve had 2 XF350 and a 330 go out. I get so fed up. I ended up getting 2 Jebao Cross Flow 180s. Honestly they are a better pump IMO. If there was some way to control them with Apex or Wave Engine, I’d go all in with them.
I run most in "gyre" mode. 4 per tank and each alternate side corner snails up slowly for 5 minutes then down and switches to the other side. the pattern is great. I honestly have no complaints about the functionality of them as the flow of these things provide is almost perfect.

I'd be happy if a vendor had a box of old stock of the pre-Cloud versions laying around somewhere. I probably buy them all. lol.
 
I run most in "gyre" mode. 4 per tank and each alternate side corner snails up slowly for 5 minutes then down and switches to the other side. the pattern is great. I honestly have no complaints about the functionality of them as the flow of these things provide is almost perfect.

I'd be happy if a vendor had a box of old stock of the pre-Cloud versions laying around somewhere. I probably buy them all. lol.
I agree, fantastic flow profile. Id love to find like 6 280 pump only.
 
I have a lot of Gyres, been using them a long time. In fact I was a beta tester for them way back in the basement days. And I still have the cool metal box that the first addition came out in.

Needless to say I'm deep in the Gyre nexus, so I'm not really looking to change to a different pump altogether, but I'm pretty sure the version just before the newer "cloud" edition was superior. Not sure why it's different, but I've had to replace lots of cracked and rusty impellers and, the actual cables seem to literally be dissolving. Where it's been submerged.

Which is a little concerning if I'm being honest. The block in the picture is anywhere from 1 to 3 years old. I'm not exactly sure but no older than three years.

Which brings me to yesterday. Had another block go out and went to purchase another Pump, which I am super glad that you guys offer just the pump only option without the controller and stuff. But I noticed that there's was a price hike. And I get it. It is what it is. Things are expensive. It's an expensive hobby. I'm not here to make a stink about that.


This all to ask simply, can I get just the Gyre 350 motor blocks? Rather than have to buy a whole pump?

I only need the block. Don't even need the magnets. Don't even need the grommets or anything else.

Just the block, is this possible? I'd probably buy a box of 20 if I could.


IMG_0456.jpeg
https://store.coralvue.com/maxspect-gyre-motor-block

https://www.amazon.com/Maxspect-Mot...1&sprefix=maxspect+xf350+motor,aps,289&sr=8-2

Iirc the 330 and 350 share the same motor block, like the xf150 and xf250 do
 
Thanks. Not a bad deal for just the blocks. Cv is long out of the 350s unfortunately but I have baskets full of 280 parts so maybe I’ll grab a few of those.

The only reason I stopped using those were because the wave engines couldn’t run them at full speed do to limitations on the boards.

I’m pretty disappointed in the total lack of support by BRS though
Still have not heard a peep.
 
OK, well just in case anyone was interested. I did finally hear back from BRS and it looks like Maxspect is dealing with these issues directly.

So as you might imagine, I am now still waiting to hear back from Maxspect lol.


Screenshot 2026-09-21 at 8.36.49 AM.png
 
I have to say this has been a truly pathetic experience trying get customer service for a product brs sells.

After another follow up as I haven’t heard from maxspect, and a request for a new rep as I’ve still never heard back from him.

Here’s all they had to say.

IMG_0690.jpeg




IMG_0689.jpeg
 
Here is the phone number for JJ Johnson per their website. 608-218-0509. His title is Midwest Service Representative.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new