this is too exciting to wait till tomorrow!!!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay all, nothing to see here. Let's return to our regular scheduled broadcasting... The pair of Mandarin Dragonettes...

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that note, I had a pair several years ago that would regularly spawn. I would like to get another pair eventually.

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bitter? more of an inability to pacify ignorance.

how is the other forum btw? active much? oh ... its a selling thread now... i forgot.

anyway...

dont worry guys... friends...(and cubans) it was all supposed to be kept light hearted and fun... and it was... i apologise to the mods and rev.. clearly i have never read the "rules" :) or i would never have been doing that... but... hey... it was fun while it lasted.

my job is to get this club active... one post... 373 views... 21 replies... 5 different states... all this in under 24 hours...

:) thats pretty active...

i love ya all... im here to help out if i can.. and find help when i need it... i hope you already know that...

even this thread is proof that we are in the right place for our club... R2R rocks!

so... oh yes... mandarins... they took a beating today unfortunately... i had a melanarious (sp) wrasse that was not happy to see them... i finally wrangled him into a corner and put him in time out... looking for a good home now... since then... the mandarins have been starting to venture out... picking away at the rocks... so im optomistic although beat up... they should make a full recovery... i will keep you posted.

oh... and REEF2REEF ROCKS!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everybody STOP! LOL! :D

R2R loves MTRC and we want you to love each other. We're thrilled to have you all here even the ones that don't like R2R as much. Really it's cool with me. We all have our own taste and that includes forums. ;) Let's just move past the forum wars and get on with reefing!

If you want to say more and just can't let go of this then use the PM button and PM someone about it. Thank you.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a pair of mandarins too! I don't have a fuge, and my melenurus eats a ton of pods. Anybody have success in just adding pods to the tank?

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a bad photo of good goby's :)
mandarins.jpg

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a pair of mandarins too! I don't have a fuge, and my melenurus eats a ton of pods. Anybody have success in just adding pods to the tank?
You can replenish on a regular basis with Tigger Pods and keep a healthy population going all the time.
Bill

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so cool Mel! I got that fish tattooed on me right when i turned 18. and have had it re colored since. my all time favorite fish.

Bill, can't you get Tigger pods at AC?

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Easiest way to "culture" your own pods without a fuge is to find a couple of small pieces of LR in your tank and wrap one up in bridal veil type of lace (it's nylon) and let them grow for a couple of weeks then unwrap one and wrap another up and keep rotating. I used that method before I had a fuge. Worked great. The rocks I chose were baseball sized.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so cool Mel! I got that fish tattooed on me right when i turned 18. and have had it re colored since. my all time favorite fish.

Bill, can't you get Tigger pods at AC?
Yes they have them, or one of the above methods after a first addition may work too.
Bill

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back