This UV Sterilizer good for parasites?

Will This UV Sterilizer make parasites sterile?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idk

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Messages
630
Reaction score
259
Location
Tom's River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is about 100 gallons total water volume in my 125g tank. I would like to know if this will cut down on the number of protozoa and parasites.
16278710074633995040595250667066.jpg
16278710207894576492429524833798.jpg
16278709221601142183139222657815.jpg
 
IDK about parasites, but When my tank was new (still is) I had a dino outbreak. My tank cycled for like 2 months and then after about a week after putting stuff in it and new lights I had a dino outbreak. I got the Green Killing Machine 9 watt (because it's cheap) and it completely cleared it up in like 2-3 days. I read many things of people saying it wouldn't be strong enough, but I figured what the worst that would happen? If it doesn't work in like a week or two I can just return it. Needless to say IT WORKED.

This is where I got mine:

Amazon.com : Green Killing Machine GKM9W Internal UV with Power Head & Two Pack Replacement Sponge (3 Items) : Pet Supplies​



They also offer a bigger version but it was too big for my tank:

Amazon.com : Green Killing Machine GKM24W Internal UV with Power Head & Two Pack Replacement Sponge (3 Items) : Pet Supplies​

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new