Thoughts on Current USA Orbit IC LED?

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all,

Anyone here have or know anyone that has experience with the Current USA Orbit IC lights? This is not the Pro version. Also it's Loop compatible but the app hasnt released yet.

Thanks

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7877.JPG
I have the loop system on my nuvo 20. My only complaint is the mount, granted it may be better if I bought an additional. I have an 18", 24" light, and 3 powerheads running on my loop. Grows all of my corals well. Might be overkill on my small tank

Edit- just read your post again, mine may be different version than you are asking about

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 if the 32" on my 48" RS Reefer 350 Fowler tank. I actually think they are great lights. My other tank I have Radions and even with those in my experience belt, I like these.

7ff8ba3a668ce159d7bd3489e6c62b8d.jpg

7aaba667eaccaabab92349fab7b3dbb0.jpg

I am also using their wave pumps with them, and they push a lot of water for the money.
Looks good! I like the Tanked reflection

Oceanwave45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, to be honest it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish within your tank. Before buying this light, I would make sure you look at the PAR ratings. I had this light for a short time and found out there are some issues with the PAR light requirement with some corals. Since my tank is two feet deep, the light get very weak towards the bottom of the tank. Therefore if you have a deeper tank and get a coral that requires a high PAR rating, you could have issues. However, some people haven't had any issues with these lights.

I guess it just depends on you. However, for the money they aren't bad, but if it were me, I'd spend another 100.00 and get something that is much better like Kessil and others.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took par readings with one light and with most of the white turned down all the way and other channels down to 60% and blues at 80%, I was running around 250 par in the middle of tank. I added the extra light bar just for spread. Now my tanks not 24" deep, but 18". Just for reference.

I hate saying these are good for the money. That just implies they are a cheap alternative. Others have posted some sweet reef tanks with these lights.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 if the 32" on my 48" RS Reefer 350 Fowler tank. I actually think they are great lights. My other tank I have Radions and even with those in my experience belt, I like these.

7ff8ba3a668ce159d7bd3489e6c62b8d.jpg

7aaba667eaccaabab92349fab7b3dbb0.jpg

I am also using their wave pumps with them, and they push a lot of water for the money.
Well, to be honest it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish within your tank. Before buying this light, I would make sure you look at the PAR ratings. I had this light for a short time and found out there are some issues with the PAR light requirement with some corals. Since my tank is two feet deep, the light get very weak towards the bottom of the tank. Therefore if you have a deeper tank and get a coral that requires a high PAR rating, you could have issues. However, some people haven't had any issues with these lights.

I guess it just depends on you. However, for the money they aren't bad, but if it were me, I'd spend another 100.00 and get something that is much better like Kessil and others.
I took par readings with one light and with most of the white turned down all the way and other channels down to 60% and blues at 80%, I was running around 250 par in the middle of tank. I added the extra light bar just for spread. Now my tanks not 24" deep, but 18". Just for reference.

I hate saying these are good for the money. That just implies they are a cheap alternative. Others have posted some sweet reef tanks with these lights.

nice tank Dsnakes!

my tank is 72" , ~24" depth, I would like to add soft corals, will not be doing SPS. this the one im looking at : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MAZAZ7B/ref=twister_B01N5E9L5S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

was thinking of buying 2 36"

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back