Thoughts on glassholes overflow

I have the exact same overflow kit on my 55 gallon frag tank which has been up around 2 years. It does what it supposed to and I haven't had any problems out of it. I would definitely go with this one over the 700 for the 2 drains. I've just always been paranoid of only 1 overflow pipe.

The 1500 kit isn't completely silent, but is quiet enough for my needs. If you did want completely silent you should look into something like the 'ghost overflow.' Synergy reef sells it or, I believe glass-holes just came out with their version (3 drains) called the threejole overflow. The downside is the price though. Hope this helps.
 
First off, your link isn't working.


Otherwise, the 1500 is a bit overkill for a 60 gallon DT, but will still work. I've used this same overflow on a 90DT and love it.

 
I also love mine. I too have been using the 1500 on a 90 DT for almost 4 years now and have had no problems with it. It was a very easy diy install.
 
I have the 1500 on my 75DT and it works very well. It was noisy at first but quiets down over time. All said and done. If I where to do it again I would have went with the synergy ghost overflow just for the silent operation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new