Thoughts on Miracle Mud and full Triton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, what are thoughts on miracle mud in a full Triton sump?

I know it could just be snake oil but many positive reviews and Mike Poletta has used it for years and he seems to know his stuff.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JMO while both rely on natural filtration, the flow requirements of the two methods, if you can call them such, are at odds. A 10x turnover in a 10% to 20% refugium is likely to keep the mud suspended unless capped somehow...

Mark Derail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was doing well for at least 4 months - from startup with cheato and magic mud.
I was also using some phosban and a 9W UV (good for 100g, I am 80g).

Last two months the chaeto stopped growing, and other algae was growing. Even on top of coraline in the DT.
The phosban seems all used up, and, the 9W UV bulb had water in it, so it's been dead at least two months, when I had last checked and it was working.

The DT is 45g and the sump 35g, plenty of flow, etc. Also two months ago I added 4 fish, so the bio-load increased. I'm on the fence.

I also do 50% WCs every two weeks.

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been using ECO Systems Miracle Mud for about three years now. I have very positive results with coral growth and nutrient control in both of my tanks . It's a filtration system that releases trace element into your system. Works for me.

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still experimenting with ECO Systems Miracle Mud in my 33 gal and in my 120 gal reefs. It has been 2 months. Will give it 6 months and form an opinion. Nothing stupendous to report for good or bad at this point.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back