Thoughts on Phlizon and VIPARSPECTRA Black Box LEDS

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently picking the lights for my 75g build. I’m trying to find the cheapest, quietest LED light that can be controlled with a remote or be adjusted in general. Preferably with a timer as well. I’ll just be growing softies, and some LPS. But most likely no SPS. Any help is appreciated.

I found these two lights, the VIPARSPECTRA is obviously more expensive but it has all the features I want. Still debating between them:
- Phlizon 165W Dimmable Full Spectrum Auqarium LED Light Fish Tank LED Reef Decoration Light for Saltwater Freshwater Fish Coral Reef

- VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 165W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS

Also, if anyone has any cheaper recommendations for light hangers - PLEASE share them! DIY ideas are welcome too ;)

ROB2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of those Viparspectra black boxes. Good light for the money, and they can grow sps corals.

Here’s my support system. Made from 3/4 electrical conduit, shelf brackets, and conduit hangers.
C3EB3F3A-789B-4AED-A8B1-25A3627F6F2C.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back