Thoughts on These Two Different Copepod Culturing Techniques...Which is Best for a Beginner?

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nanno is ok but it doesn't contain enough EPA,DHA to get your copepods to maximum nutritional value . For that you really need to head over onto the brown Algea side . The Iso strains are relatively easy to culture if you can combine that with Nanno then your working with something.
Thanks! I think I'll use a blend of several strains or should I stick to just a Nanno and Iso blend?

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think I'll use a blend of several strains or should I stick to just a Nanno and Iso blend?
I would culture your own so you know what density you're dosing to your system . In the long run it will be cheaper and give you more experience in the culture aspect of the hobby .

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Jay'sReefBugs !...This is the one vendor i know of here who offers pure strains of the following: (I messaged them and this was their reply...)

ZooReady is Tetraselmis sp.

If you want special ones,

Please indicate. We also have
T-Isochrysis galbana
Nannochloropsis oculata
Chaetoceros muerlii
Thalassiosira sp.

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Jay'sReefBugs !...This is the one vendor i know of here who offers pure strains of the following: (I messaged them and this was their reply...)

ZooReady is Tetraselmis sp.

If you want special ones,

Please indicate. We also have
T-Isochrysis galbana
Nannochloropsis oculata
Chaetoceros muerlii
Thalassiosira sp.
Go With T-iso and Nanno . It covers a good amount of nutritional value points. And should meet your needs just fine

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go With T-iso and Nanno . It covers a good amount of nutritional value points. And should meet your needs just fine
I really appreciate the guidance in choosing phyto strains! What fertilizer do you recommend? I know F2 is generally used although I'm not sure what the most important component of F2 are or if it's even available here...what components would make a good fertilizer for these strains?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back