Thoughts or comment on this chalice

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the entire colony of 3 eyes is 999 then it is worth it. Comes out to around 350 an eye. Who wants to group buy if it is?

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or the bahama brotha :)

20100908-20100908-DSC_4919.jpg

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have the Bahama Mama... So I will let you know how it compares to the Santa Fe Sunrise when I recieve it. I saw it last night and pulled the trigger earlier today before this thread was started. I agree its worth it considering it has three eyes. Also it is wysiwyg and has a rim formed all the way around it. I believe most chalice frags that are sold are not healed properly despite what vendors say. The fact that the rim is formed all the way around increases its survivability considerably in my book and also its value due to decreased risk of losing it.

I know about others with the same color combination but who know how large the piece was this was cut from or how many frags of this are out there?

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have the Bahama Mama... So I will let you know how it compares to the Santa Fe Sunrise when I recieve it. I saw it last night and pulled the trigger earlier today before this thread was started. I agree its worth it considering it has three eyes. Also it is wysiwyg and has a rim formed all the way around it. I believe most chalice frags that are sold are not healed properly despite what vendors say. The fact that the rim is formed all the way around increases its survivability considerably in my book and also its value due to decreased risk of losing it.

I know about others with the same color combination but who know how large the piece was this was cut from or how many frags of this are out there?

You got it Alpha? You sneaky person! lol j/k!

kellyjn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazy talk. Some people in this hobby are in better economical stands in there life then others and will be able to afford a piece that is a unique color combination. When is the last time you have seen a coral with a color combination like that? When paying that much for a coral you are paying a high mark up price but most of all you are paying for a piece that is RARLY found. How often do you go to your LFS and find a piece with this color combination in the 75 and below section? You don't just like baseball cards the rarer one's can bring alot more because they are not commonly opened in a pack or all are found and in COLLECTORS hands.

I'm sorry, but this comparison to baseball cards is, well, garbage. Corals can't be compared to baseball cards. When your Stan Musial rookie card pops another one off, you let me know.

Anyways, personally I'm kind of shocked there is as many people having this "what the heck" reaction to the prices in this thread. Most of these people were the same ones praising and lining up at WWC for that one piece that was $1200 for a booger. All while claiming "That was a steal at that price"............lol.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, but this comparison to baseball cards is, well, garbage. Corals can't be compared to baseball cards. When your Stan Musial rookie card pops another one off, you let me know.

Anyways, personally I'm kind of shocked there is as many people having this "what the heck" reaction to the prices in this thread. Most of these people were the same ones praising and lining up at WWC for that one piece that was $1200 for a booger. All while claiming "That was a steal at that price"............lol.

Your right baseball cards don't reproduce lets look at it like this. I bought a pure bred boxer had it was flown in from IL, his father was a award winning blue ribbon muscle dog mother was some o mombo jumbo. The dog was certified and all. Mother came the same way and payed over twenty five hundred for them each. They have given me six puppy's where i sold them for a minimum of 1800 each and kept one for myself. Yes i could of went and bought one for 100 bucks at the dog pound but i paid for its parents. My boxer is over 15LB's bigger then average males and looks nothing like other boxers he filled out alot more. Same goes with these high price coral, some times you pay to have a nicer coral with unique colors. Yes you can find some no name gems, but no name gems are not proven you could go threw 100's to find one stunner. Some times i think it just comes down to some one not being able to afford particular coral and hate on/bash on it.

PS That last sentence was not directed at you, i didn't want you taking that as i was saying it to you.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you grabbed it! i was debating picking it up....Please stay in touch and let me know how you like it please!

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1smile1

On of my biggest pet peeves is how coral names are applied to corals that are not originally farmed from them....

"I just bought this chalice, what is its name"? :cry:

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice buy Alpha! Glad it's going to you. The way you feed your corals it should grow nice and big real quick. Cut that baby up in a couple of months and spread the love!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahahah.. so it was you!! when they told me SORRY MIKE!! that someone is sending a money order i was thinking about you cause you are the only one that pays me in money order!! hahahaha Good pickup bro..

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral is called split decision and Jason fox owns the colony, FYI

Yea he seems to do alot of sales threw JF would love to see the colony. Hows it look a little bigger?

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it Alpha? You sneaky person! lol j/k!

Yup. Snipe!

Glad you grabbed it! i was debating picking it up....Please stay in touch and let me know how you like it please!

Pm sent back at cha.

1smile1

On of my biggest pet peeves is how coral names are applied to corals that are not originally farmed from them....

"I just bought this chalice, what is its name"? :cry:

I agree. One of the benefits of named corals is being able to tell where it comes from. Also, by following lineage one can be assured it has acclimated to captivity and is not a fresh wild piece.

Nice buy Alpha! Glad it's going to you. The way you feed your corals it should grow nice and big real quick. Cut that baby up in a couple of months and spread the love!

Hopefully its a hungry one :)

hahahah.. so it was you!! when they told me SORRY MIKE!! that someone is sending a money order i was thinking about you cause you are the only one that pays me in money order!! hahahaha Good pickup bro..

too late mike, now you have to frag me that Tiger Tail! lol, thanks :)

The coral is called split decision and Jason fox owns the colony, FYI

Interesting, so it is not a Dr. Mac Original after all. Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated. I would like to see a colony shot of it :)

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a sweet chalice Alpha...I was thinking about buying it but the price tag was too much for me.... I would love to see pics from your tank if you get a chance.

cheers,
Darren

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry WWC, the info you have is wrong. The colony came to me from Indo, I sold Jason a piece and kept the rest and have only offered the 2 frags for sale in the US, and sold one piece to a collector in Brazil. If I was not the original importer then I would not have CITES to re-export. Just wanted to set the record straight on origin. We have more frags but are not offering any more for sale at this time.

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to keep the story straight, i originally purchased the coral from pacific east and did a lot of bartering with dr. mac to get the larger half of the small colony that he originally imported days before. the moment i saw it i knew it was something special and so did he, and it took a lot of convincing for him to sell it to me. what an incredible coral! i call it THE SPLIT DECISION and just found out that dr. mac is calling it santa fe sunrise. so here we go again with a coral with two names like the miami hurricane and pumpkin patch. victor got his frag directly from me when he visit last month. i have not released any other frags. congrats to the one that got it from pacific east.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back