Tidal Gardens - Nutrient levels and Lighting

chcgregg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone happens to know what nutrient (PO4 and NO3) levels Than @Tidal Gardens runs in his coral propagation facility. I vaguely remember his phosphate is between 0.1-0.2.

And if anyone knows what model of Radion he is using? Blues or Pros? Schedule and intensity?

Kind regards,

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I recall from the umpteen videos I've watched, they run a lot of Blues (but they have a good mix of other types of lights as well). I couldn't verify the nutrient levels but I know they have at least one system on ozone.

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone happens to know what nutrient (PO4 and NO3) levels Than @Tidal Gardens runs in his coral propagation facility. I vaguely remember his phosphate is between 0.1-0.2.

And if anyone knows what model of Radion he is using? Blues or Pros? Schedule and intensity?

Kind regards,
We try to keep our tanks between .05 - .15, Sometimes they can get above .2.

We have Radion G4s and G5s. Some are Pros and Some are Blues as well. However, we stick to mostly the same schedule with heavy blues all day and then 4-5 hours of whites running roughly 60%.

OP
OP
chcgregg

chcgregg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We try to keep our tanks between .05 - .15, Sometimes they can get above .2.

We have Radion G4s and G5s. Some are Pros and Some are Blues as well. However, we stick to mostly the same schedule with heavy blues all day and then 4-5 hours of whites running roughly 60%.
Thank you so much for your reply! Is that number the same for nitrate?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back