Tidal Gardens - Nutrient levels and Lighting

chcgregg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2017
Messages
98
Reaction score
77
Location
South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone happens to know what nutrient (PO4 and NO3) levels Than @Tidal Gardens runs in his coral propagation facility. I vaguely remember his phosphate is between 0.1-0.2.

And if anyone knows what model of Radion he is using? Blues or Pros? Schedule and intensity?

Kind regards,
 
From what I recall from the umpteen videos I've watched, they run a lot of Blues (but they have a good mix of other types of lights as well). I couldn't verify the nutrient levels but I know they have at least one system on ozone.
 
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone happens to know what nutrient (PO4 and NO3) levels Than @Tidal Gardens runs in his coral propagation facility. I vaguely remember his phosphate is between 0.1-0.2.

And if anyone knows what model of Radion he is using? Blues or Pros? Schedule and intensity?

Kind regards,
We try to keep our tanks between .05 - .15, Sometimes they can get above .2.

We have Radion G4s and G5s. Some are Pros and Some are Blues as well. However, we stick to mostly the same schedule with heavy blues all day and then 4-5 hours of whites running roughly 60%.
 
We try to keep our tanks between .05 - .15, Sometimes they can get above .2.

We have Radion G4s and G5s. Some are Pros and Some are Blues as well. However, we stick to mostly the same schedule with heavy blues all day and then 4-5 hours of whites running roughly 60%.
Thank you so much for your reply! Is that number the same for nitrate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new