Tigahboy's 20g (and sometimes pico)

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow him on instagram and these tanks were taken down awhile ago, but there's still some great content being posted!
I figured something might have happened. I came in here after he posted a picture of his tank in some threads.

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that tank looks incredible!!! I am starting up the same tank, and I love your set up. I hope you don't mind me asking but does the light cover the whole tank? And what custom mount did you use? Thanks and keep on rocking it!
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in awhile. Unfortunately, these tanks have been taken down because I moved to another state and couldn't take the livestock with me. The light did cover the whole tank though.

What lighting type does the mangrove receive? Beautiful tanks.
I didn't supplement any additional lights over the mangroves when I had this tank (though I should've). Working on a new project and will hopefully get a legit mangrove set-up going.

You should post more
I know, I suck at posting here. I'm not even going to attempt to keep a proper thread of my own. Will just post from time to time in other threads. LOL.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should also mention that the planted UNS is an absolute dream too!! I'm aiming to do something similar in future on a larger scale to house dwarf sized predators!!

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these tanks mate and your insta page is awesome too!! Shame they've been taken down but hopefully you'll be back again soon!!
I should also mention that the planted UNS is an absolute dream too!! I'm aiming to do something similar in future on a larger scale to house dwarf sized predators!!
Thank you! Glad you like the new one as well. I think that would be a cool dwarf predator tank.

I am in the planning stages for a new reef project, but been a bit slow going. Stay tuned! :)

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! When looking for aquascape ideas for my IM 20 peninsula I saw your tank and saved the picture a couple times XD I absolutely LOVE it.
Question: Have you ever had problems with the return nozzle blowing air bubbles? I just got mine today and it’s doing that and I don’t wanna annoy my corals with it

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! When looking for aquascape ideas for my IM 20 peninsula I saw your tank and saved the picture a couple times XD I absolutely LOVE it.
Question: Have you ever had problems with the return nozzle blowing air bubbles? I just got mine today and it’s doing that and I don’t wanna annoy my corals with it
Thanks! I really enjoyed this tank when it was up and running. I do get a kick out of seeing it on IM's website and banners though from time to time (see below). I don't recall any air bubbles. I'm sure it will break in and you won't see it anymore.

1606867541907.png

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I really enjoyed this tank when it was up and running. I do get a kick out of seeing it on IM's website and banners though from time to time (see below). I don't recall any air bubbles. I'm sure it will break in and you won't see it anymore.

1606867541907.png
Daaannnggg!!! And that aquascape, do you have a process for coming up with them? Mine typically just look mismatched and like rubble. Yours seem to fit together

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daaannnggg!!! And that aquascape, do you have a process for coming up with them? Mine typically just look mismatched and like rubble. Yours seem to fit together
Hmmm. This is hard to answer. I try to go for things that look "natural" to me. So I don't bother with crazy arches, overhangs, floating elements, stuff like that. Just let the rocks naturally rest on the floor of the tank and on each other. I was going for a mountain range for this one. Also been into drawing inspiration from freshwater planted tank scapes.

You should check out my current macroalgae tanks (all inspired by freshwater scapes) here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tigahboys-macroalgae-tank-s.737622/page-9#post-8265767

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back