OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your feedback, everyone! Really appreciate it.

How long did it take you to grow your Gracilaria hayi like that. Also, do you have any pic from when you added it and its positioning?
Maybe a month? I trim every week (sometimes every few days) so it probably would be wall to wall hayi by now if I didn't trim.

Here's a photo from when I first added the Gracilaria hayi at the beginning of May.
IMG_4233.jpg

Photo taken from this weekend for comparison.
DSC01537-2.jpg

Last edited:

Whits100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple new macroalgae projects I’m working on.

UNS 16C (1 gallon)
C642DFE8-1352-46A1-A425-4678396C417E.jpeg

UNS 60S (10 gallons)
28485388-1314-472C-8BA6-3B78F6C0380E.jpeg
Hi, love your tanks. I'm just starting out in salty (been in freshwater for 4 years) and was wondering what filtration you will be using on the UNS 60S - matrix, floss? I live in Airlie Beach, Australia and looking at using the ocean water at my back door (if possible).

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, love your tanks. I'm just starting out in salty (been in freshwater for 4 years) and was wondering what filtration you will be using on the UNS 60S - matrix, floss? I live in Airlie Beach, Australia and looking at using the ocean water at my back door (if possible).
Just live rock for biological filtration and filter floss. Since I’m doing macroalgae, don’t need to overthink filtration (less is more).

Whits100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just live rock for biological filtration and filter floss. Since I’m doing macroalgae, don’t need to overthink filtration (less is more).
Thanks, I also want to do macroalgae, a couple of sps and little critters in a nano 50 litre tank. Are you using live sand? Looking forward to watching your progress :)

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I also want to do macroalgae, a couple of sps and little critters in a nano 50 litre tank. Are you using live sand? Looking forward to watching your progress :)
Yup, live sand as well.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good Tigah!
Same LED backlight as your old 20 Nuvo peninsula?
Where did you buy your macros from?

Glad you're back in the hobby. Was sorry to see you take down the Nuvo when you moved.

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good Tigah!
Same LED backlight as your old 20 Nuvo peninsula?
Where did you buy your macros from?

Glad you're back in the hobby. Was sorry to see you take down the Nuvo when you moved.
Thanks! Yup, just had those LED backlights lying around so thought why not? LOL. Macroalgae came from Algaebarn and Reefcleaners.

I think I know you from nano reef forums 15 yrs ago haha. Small world..
That was when I had my acrylic 35g. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back