Tigger pods

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I added Tigger pods and today I watched a tiny 6 line wrasse and clownfish have a $33 smorgasbord on me. It looked like the whole population was on my glass and my 2 fish just vacuumed em off. How have they made it millions of years with absolutely no sense of self preservation? So disappointed with the whole deal.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I added Tigger pods and today I watched a tiny 6 line wrasse and clownfish have a $33 smorgasbord on me. It looked like the whole population was on my glass and my 2 fish just vacuumed em off. How have they made it millions of years with absolutely no sense of self preservation? So disappointed with the whole deal.
Pods are tricky. I am sure some of them survived. That's why im also adding them to my tank before fish. Sooner or later you would have a big population no fish can eat.

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the adult tigger pods are fairly active. I like ordering from algae barn, I get one of their mixes. Some of the species spend more of their life cycle in the rock and can last longer. Also, as others said. Add at night so they stand a chance lol

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a night, flow off 1 hour.
Let’s them settle when fish not active.
Bro. That's exactly what I did. I've got rubble rock in my return area so I put some in there also. Maybe some escaped the 2 fish feeding frenzy. I'm hoping.

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods are tricky. I am sure some of them survived. That's why im also adding them to my tank before fish. Sooner or later you would have a big population no fish can eat.
I added cyclops before fish. Thought I'd add the tigs for variety. Not realizing they are suicidal.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro. That's exactly what I did. I've got rubble rock in my return area so I put some in there also. Maybe some escaped the 2 fish feeding frenzy. I'm hoping.
So the pods stayed on your glass all night while the fish slept?

I add Tigger pods every 2 weeks to my tank and never had this occur. They hang on the glass a little while and are gone in the morning when the fish are awake.

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chose tisbe pods next time.

If you already added live rock and/or corals, you most likely already have pods around.

Why are you adding copepods? Do you have a mandarin dragonet fish?
Just adding as part of the cleanup crew and I think it helps for the overall health of a tanks ecosystem.

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pods stayed on your glass all night while the fish slept?

I add Tigger pods every 2 weeks to my tank and never had this occur. They hang on the glass a little while and are gone in the morning when the fish are awake.
It might not have been all. But it was enough. A bunch that were visible. And then none. I watched as the fish picked them off. I had a decent dusting of diatoms on the glass. Maybe I should have scraped it off beforehand. I would have gotten more cyclops but all the Lfs around are out and nobody wants to ship to Texas in this 110° heat right now. And I can't blame them.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might not have been all. But it was enough. A bunch that were visible. And then none. I watched as the fish picked them off. I had a decent dusting of diatoms on the glass. Maybe I should have scraped it off beforehand. I would have gotten more cyclops but all the Lfs around are out and nobody wants to ship to Texas in this 110° heat right now. And I can't blame them.
All the other pods ship like crap and are dead on arrival. Tiggers are the only ones that make it during shipping. That's why they are usually all that you see at the LFS in stock.

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not know that. Thanks for the heads up. With the heat we're having right now I'm not taking a chance getting anything shipped. USPS can barely get my mail here before 4. And fedex /ups run about the same. I'll just wait till Dec when it may finally feel like fall in Texas. I hope.

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added cyclops before fish. Thought I'd add the tigs for variety. Not realizing they are suicidal.
I’m sorry to laugh but that was funny. Anyway, yea I usually add pods at night with lights off and flow shut down to let them settle into the rocks. They do grip the glass on entry but after 5-10 minutes they disappear into the rock!

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong pods for your application. Try tisbe. They are small, and blend in. Tigger pods are red and have a stage where they free swim. They are literally made as snacks for those types of fish.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having silicate present in the system along with regular phyto dosing and some patience will help your pods flourish.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not know that. Thanks for the heads up. With the heat we're having right now I'm not taking a chance getting anything shipped. USPS can barely get my mail here before 4. And fedex /ups run about the same. I'll just wait till Dec when it may finally feel like fall in Texas. I hope.
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens is in Texas and I have been getting their mixed pods all summer. Great quality and tons of mixed pods. They guarantee live arrival in any temperature. Look them up and you won’t be disappointed. Good luck.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back