Time for a new tank!

punkieg0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I need some advice on my new tank selection. I am currently running a Waterbox 20Gal Cube and JBJ45.
This time I will be making the jump into a tank with a sump and my eyes are on the Waterbox tanks Marine DX 90.3/Marine X 110.4 or Reef 100.3

I have been in hobby for about 5ish years at this point and my first tank was a 75 gallon that I struggled with how to keep a fishtank and sold it in favor of the AIO. While I do like both tanks, the maintenance of smaller tanks has been a challenge. I do miss a larger tank in general.

Ultimately I would like to have a few more options for fish selection like a valentini puffer, DIamond Goby. As for corals, I have not been as successful in these as I would like. I have a couple that seem to thrive but I would like more torch/hammer corals in the new tank.

I know there are some differences in size height vs width between these tanks and it seems like there might be differences in the sump? I know nothing about sumps so I don't know which is a better investment. Just looking for those that have made these choices recently and might be able to offer some insight.

Thanks

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only say that it’s a preference call as well as a budget call . I personally like the smaller tanks for some setups and the larger for others especially if you wish to keep larger fish . My motto was always to by the biggest you can afford for the reason it that I would always end up getting the bigger anyways and would avoid buying twice . But I have the bigger and found that the smaller ones are cool to especially for either a designated type of coral and or fish . Ultimately you have to decide what you want and what you can afford as well as afford to maintain. Good luck !!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back