Time to change MH bulb

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about switching to MegaChrome 14500 k 250 SE bulb vs 20k radium. My tank is supplemented by Blue plus t-5's and orphek blue bars. Anyone running this bulb now. All MH bulbs seems to be harder to find with fewer options .

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ran all the Giesemann bulbs personally I'd do a Giesemann 20k less blue than Radium or min Giesemann Crystal 17,500k, the Coral 14k is going to be too violet yellow

OP
OP
Slicktop

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx, don't want yellow.. Want more white in the MH bulb.

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics are 250w Giesemann 17,500k Crystal with 4-Giesemann Actinic Plus on a iPhone 7....

thumbnail_Image.jpg
thumbnail_Image.jpg

OP
OP
Slicktop

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 17500 crystal, think i will give it a try. Which do you like best and hows your coral growth? My corals have great colors but seems to grow slow with all the PE i have. I have a hard time taking pics now with all the blue lighting I have now.

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 17500 crystal, think i will give it a try. Which do you like best and hows your coral growth? My corals have great colors but seems to grow slow with all the PE i have. I have a hard time taking pics now with all the blue lighting I have now.

I prefer the Giesemann Blue over the Crystal it looks more natural like you would see at a public aquarium or on a good dive video.The Giesemann Blue does not make your tank look like a washed out blue windex tank like Radiums. If you want a bit more white then run the Giesemann Blue with 2 or 3-Actinic Plus and 1 or 2 Azure blue depending on your fixture.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back