Time to go BIGGER to Start - Red Sea Reefer S 850 G2

jmarina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

Started to come together. But I am taking is slowly, feeling I might have bitten off a little more than I thought. But up for the challenge.

20220713_063331.jpg

Ordered the tank about a month ago, it arrived 4 days after I ask them to hold it. Got it moved into place (talk about HEAVY)

Have a general ideal of the corals and fish that I want in their new home. But it is always subject to change for me second by second. ;)

I have been gluing, like crazy over the last 3 days coming up with the aqua scape. What do you think?
Tank_20220718_172608.jpg

Found out I almost make a mistake on the one on the right, the base was almost TOO BIG. The euro bracing on the bottom of the tank almost interferes with it being flat on the glass.

More to come over the next few weeks, months and years. Happy to be back in the water!

Ideals and suggestions greatly appreciated ... Paul
Scape looks great!

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mainly for redundancy. But also I could adjust the flow in the tank if needed. I am running UV on one of the pumps too.
How do you like Sicce pumps ? I always had Red Dragons but this time trying to save a few bucks . You think 2 model 7’s will not be sufficient if one pump will go to straight return and other to manifold ?

OP
OP
Av8tor2

Av8tor2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like Sicce pumps ? I always had Red Dragons but this time trying to save a few bucks . You think 2 model 7’s will not be sufficient if one pump will go to straight return and other to manifold ?
They are good, my first experience with them. Super strong flow. I have both set at 29% now, and it can almost blow water out of the tank. But they have a bit of a hum to them. But that could be my fault I hard piped them into the plumbing.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your feedback.

I ordered 2 GHL Versia -9 for this set up. Versia have Sicce -9 motorblock and all electronics by GHL.

Also, would you mine measure eurobrace .how wide .. I was told its 4" all around from one person other telling me about 2".

OP
OP
Av8tor2

Av8tor2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your feedback.

I ordered 2 GHL Versia -9 for this set up. Versia have Sicce -9 motorblock and all electronics by GHL.

Also, would you mine measure eurobrace .how wide .. I was told its 4" all around from one person other telling me about 2".
IMG_20221116_084520_01.jpg

Welcome, anytime.

Had a custom lid made for the tank. From Top Lids. They did a great job. Took lots of measurements.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20221116_084520_01.jpg

Welcome, anytime.

Had a custom lid made for the tank. From Top Lids. They did a great job. Took lots of measurements.
Great ! Thank you
I am planning to order custom lid as well . Will contact Top Lids as soon as i get my tank .
if you dont mind , one more measurement
How wide is overflow box?
I wanna place two GHL Breeze Fans in between overflow box and tank panel .

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%

Back