Tim's 150g build

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone and here is an update on my 150! In the works I'll soon be setting up a 2 part dosing to better stabilize my alkalinity and calcium. I was using a glass top on the aquarium and recently switched to a net top to allow more light to penetrate my system. I am losing 2-4 gallons of water per day now to evaporation! I was on vacation from 2/10-2/18 and while I was gone my temperature probe/heater stopped working properly, luckily it didn't overheat but my tank dropped from a stable 77.9 degrees down to a 73-74 degree range. All of my corals and fish seem to be doing fine now that I got the temperature stabalized, but all of my zoas have died. I had 4 separate colonies; 3 of the them are completely gone and the last colony seems to be slowly dying. Attached is a 4o second video of the tank! Enjoy!!!
Great job I'm glad everything is working in the correct direction.

OP
OP
tdowning

tdowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquascaping is divided into 3 separate islands...here are (3) 15 seconds videos of each island, and then some pictures of the different corals in my tank that survived the great cool down of 2019 :) Enjoy!!!

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

OP
OP
tdowning

tdowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I unfortunately had to say goodbye to my BlueJaw Trigger this morning. I think the water temp drop that happened while I was gone on vacation impacted him the most :( I had a feeling yesterday that he was going to pass and sure enough when I went down to my tank this morning he was on his side in the sandbed :( The sargassum/bluejaw triggers are some of my favorite fish and I'm now 0 for 2 with them. All my other fish seem to be doing ok, but I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on things and testing water more frequently over the next few days to make sure my system is stable. Losing a fish sucks.

OP
OP
tdowning

tdowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Can't believe it's been so long since I've given an update on my tank. The tank is now just under 2.5 years old. Overall, I'm happy with the systems but would like to start adding some more SPS corals. I've been dealing with high nitrates 40-60ppm for as long as I can remember even though all of my parameters are great. I had an asternia star outbreak and got a Harlequin that gobbled them all up. Now I just go to my LFS 1x a week and they scrape off all their asternias that I then take home. I did have a Flame Angel that had been a saint decide he wanted to start eating my brain coral so I had to remove the flame from the tank...I miss his red in the tank but I can't have my corals being eaten. I have shared a 1 minute video of the tank. Enjoy!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Take a look at a flamehawk to put the red back in your tank. Great little fish with a lot of personality. This is assuming you don't have any small shrimp that you're in love with!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back