Tiny Banggai Cardinal found in refugium.

Trahs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging through some old photos and found this photo from when I was doing aquarium service. This tank was a 200 gal mixed reef. Changing out filter socks one day and saw movement in the refugium. This little one was about the size of a pencil eraser. No clue how it managed to get down there but it stayed in the refugium as it was too small to go into the main tank. Always looked forward to checking on this one every week to see them growing. There eventually ended up being a second one in the refugium. I eventually left the job so not sure if there was more breeding in the future but pretty wild to see in a tank like this.

IMG_4632.JPG

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging through some old photos and found this photo from when I was doing aquarium service. This tank was a 200 gal mixed reef. Changing out filter socks one day and saw movement in the refugium. This little one was about the size of a pencil eraser. No clue how it managed to get down there but it stayed in the refugium as it was too small to go into the main tank. Always looked forward to checking on this one every week to see them growing. There eventually ended up being a second one in the refugium. I eventually left the job so not sure if there was more breeding in the future but pretty wild to see in a tank like this.

IMG_4632.JPG
Neet finding it though!!! I could see where that could be hard to spot

Phil Steel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great little find. Pity you can't see if the little guy or the twin survived.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back