Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
030B6FD2-C873-440F-9439-B92C100CBD53.jpeg This is a 4 ft 75 gal gonna b a lot of little fish and mixed reef , Goni, euphilia, Zoas, and maybe some meaty corals in the sand? My main structure is like a hotel so many rooms that are all nice size cubbies that have secret passages and ventilation for flow so detritus can be blasted when needed and it’s like a 3 piece stacker incase of stubborn algae and fish

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread. In the process of creating my scape and it helps to see what others have done over the years to guide me along!
I'm so happy to know my time writing this has paid off. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and decided to just do it. lol.

Also to add:

I firmly believe that the same rules apply to any size tank. The only difference is going to be scale. Instead of huge rocks break them up to create a smaller version of the beautiful reef tanks you see. There's other things to try to still get that "look" In a cube the issue is theres not enough length to do multiple structures. Thats when you only do one. Rule of thirds still applies but only use one intersected point instead of two.

aquascape2_zpsfa8661c3.jpg

Here is a great example. It is only on one point with one main structure. notice the movement and shapes of the rocks. Great play with shadows and highlights. If you look at the one structure they still managed to hit two intersecting points. Thats what makes this look go good to the eye. Make sure to "taper" off the structure for that same Depth of field you need to aim for, also for maximum coral space :)
Love this thread. I am in the process of creating my 'scape and it helps to see what others have done over the years to guide me along! Well-done!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back