Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

Crazy cool everyone.
 
Getting there
 

Attachments

  • 1402689990892.jpg
    1402689990892.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,378
Terrific information, I should get my tank that I ordered from Miracles next week and this will help me set up the rock work.
 
After reading this I did a reaquascape and I'm so much happier with it! Thanks for the great info!
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Start a new tank thread and tell us about yourself!
 
The Ultimate Aquascape

So here is my own aquascape done from acrylic then cement. My tank will be a full SPS reef tank, so I wanted an aquascape with multiple branches to glue the SPS on. I kept the scape 35 to 45% from the bottom only, leaving the other top half for full coral growth.

photo 5.jpg


photo 4.jpg


photo 2.jpg


photo 1.jpg
 
Great White SPS Reef

So this is what it looks like in the tank.
 

Attachments

  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,418
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,419
I'm curious to how to keep a reef with very little rock? I see a lot of amazing tanks with less rock more and more....do they keep the rock in the sump?? What happened to at least 1lb. per gallon of rock? Do they run that matrix stuff made from seachem? Also what about fish and hiding spots?
 
I'm curious to how to keep a reef with very little rock? I see a lot of amazing tanks with less rock more and more....do they keep the rock in the sump?? What happened to at least 1lb. per gallon of rock? Do they run that matrix stuff made from seachem? Also what about fish and hiding spots?

Filtration can be done by many means; rock is just the most straightforward.
 
This is awesome. I always wondered how people made such visually striking rock formations. Great read. Thanks a bunch!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new