Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

aquanerd5150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank I am currently running.
I wanted a lot from this tank aquascaping wise, it needed to look modern and artistic, the emotion I wanted you to feel from this was EPIC, it should almost leave u speechless... it feels weird saying that about a tank, and that an aquarium should provoke those kinds of emotions.
Quick explanation, I do a lot of photography and I would like to think I know a lot about placement. so if you were to brake the tank up into a 3x3 square like the first post you will see the main structure is in the bottom left then the top of the rock hits pretty close to the top left crossing. nothing really major in the center top or bottom and the right has 2 different pillars one towards he front, the front one more so hits the bottom right crossing. and the back pillar, the taller one hits the top left crossing. I really hope that makes scene.

I hope you Enjoy. any questions ask!

sorry for it being so blue I forgot to white balance it.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking I'll share my newest piece of rockwork. I'm cringing though because I may have to move the tank in the next couple of months....
IMG_0087_zps398c66aa.jpg

mannyfresh78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice art work but true if you got to move in months personally i would have waited Eienna because I've been their....

Tank.Bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to people who don't know a lot bout aquascapes...... make sure there are some under passes for the fish!!! the fish enjoy them and it makes them healthier! hope u have fun building! (=

mannyfresh78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking I'll share my newest piece of rockwork. I'm cringing though because I may have to move the tank in the next couple of months....
IMG_0087_zps398c66aa.jpg

If you need advice well here you go...
First of start making out a plan are you moving tank first or last then figure out how will this aquarium will fit through door. If don't fit n you had to turn sideways well u know u got to take it all out. And that's where 20-30 plastic trash containers come in handy just make sure they get hand washed out very good with cleaning vinegar then hand rinse with just water dried out. Reason why all that cleaning is because company sprays them a bit with oil. So after all cleaning you can use them I would put live rock and bit of water in another one all sand and bit of live rock n saltwater and whatever bit of fish you have. Try to keep saltwater from aquarium so it doesn't affect or kill live stock by using new water which don't have good bacteria n what not. Or keep half n already have the other half of water mixed ready to go for when you do move and put all back.
It's a lot not an easy task but with help it can be done. I had like total of 6 guys helping move it all.
So putting it back we'll it's sounds easy but guess again it's tough also. So I would already have my location where tank is going to be at if no wall drilling is needed then just place tank stand add sump before aquarium as it's easier to move stand without tank then when all done add tank on top run all your plumbing do last minute adjustments then once that's good and secure add sand, rock, saltwater to both sump n aquarium. After all that has been place and most sand dust n particles settle check salinity and check kH Ca No Po. Check all your meters and make sure water has cycled a few or at least couple of hours then add your nemo that cute lil buddy you have. If you have a sump with filter socks n and all I would put your fish in sump with crabs n snails for now then after 24 hrs add to tank. But do make sure your p-meters are great n salinity too before adding any fish n snails n crabs. This is my email if you need help or advice. I'm in Sacramento California my email is [email protected], 9165192912. Hope I didn't miss nothing..
Oh quick tip is your sump makes a bit of a noise like a humming noise due to pumps and you want it to be more silent add styrofoam under sump under tank it will help lots to quiet the noise. I'm glad I did when I moved.
As to styrofoam the kind I bought was 1/2" thick and it was 4x8 big and u can pick up at local building store for like 12-20$

Good luck ok that was lots time lol I'm getting off this thing. Look reason why I give advice is because I love reef life n it's free to do, yet not many are helpful. Besides I'm trying to start my business in reef stuff build inexpensive acrylic aquariums n customs too.
Today folks that build aquariums are expensive over charge and see you as your just another buyer. SAD BUT TRUE!!!
I'm taking it to the next level and making friends and keeping my customers.

Anyways enjoy your transition....

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any input or advice?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400713602161.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400713602161.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,211

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice art work but true if you got to move in months personally i would have waited Eienna because I've been their....

Oh, believe me, if I'd only known >.< I definitely would have waited. Hopefully it won't happen at all.

If you need advice well here you go...
First of start making out a plan are you moving tank first or last then figure out how will this aquarium will fit through door. If don't fit n you had to turn sideways well u know u got to take it all out. And that's where 20-30 plastic trash containers come in handy just make sure they get hand washed out very good with cleaning vinegar then hand rinse with just water dried out. Reason why all that cleaning is because company sprays them a bit with oil. So after all cleaning you can use them I would put live rock and bit of water in another one all sand and bit of live rock n saltwater and whatever bit of fish you have. Try to keep saltwater from aquarium so it doesn't affect or kill live stock by using new water which don't have good bacteria n what not. Or keep half n already have the other half of water mixed ready to go for when you do move and put all back.
It's a lot not an easy task but with help it can be done. I had like total of 6 guys helping move it all.
So putting it back we'll it's sounds easy but guess again it's tough also. So I would already have my location where tank is going to be at if no wall drilling is needed then just place tank stand add sump before aquarium as it's easier to move stand without tank then when all done add tank on top run all your plumbing do last minute adjustments then once that's good and secure add sand, rock, saltwater to both sump n aquarium. After all that has been place and most sand dust n particles settle check salinity and check kH Ca No Po. Check all your meters and make sure water has cycled a few or at least couple of hours then add your nemo that cute lil buddy you have. If you have a sump with filter socks n and all I would put your fish in sump with crabs n snails for now then after 24 hrs add to tank. But do make sure your p-meters are great n salinity too before adding any fish n snails n crabs. This is my email if you need help or advice. I'm in Sacramento California my email is [email protected], 9165192912. Hope I didn't miss nothing..
Oh quick tip is your sump makes a bit of a noise like a humming noise due to pumps and you want it to be more silent add styrofoam under sump under tank it will help lots to quiet the noise. I'm glad I did when I moved.
As to styrofoam the kind I bought was 1/2" thick and it was 4x8 big and u can pick up at local building store for like 12-20$

Good luck ok that was lots time lol I'm getting off this thing. Look reason why I give advice is because I love reef life n it's free to do, yet not many are helpful. Besides I'm trying to start my business in reef stuff build inexpensive acrylic aquariums n customs too.
Today folks that build aquariums are expensive over charge and see you as your just another buyer. SAD BUT TRUE!!!
I'm taking it to the next level and making friends and keeping my customers.

Anyways enjoy your transition....

I appreciate the help. :/

mondrh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about perfect timing :) I am building a new tank (125G, 72" L by 18" W X 24" T. This coming weekend I am planning the aquascaping. Plan is construct it on a 6 ft table with the tank dimensions (including Overflows) taped onto the table as a proper guide. It won't help with height, but a yardstick will help me there. Will take lots of photos, and if at all possible, I will try and build this in pieces I can transfer to the tank (once sand is placed in. Your advice is awesome. I can't wait to try and implement these guidelines. I have zero artistic creativity, so I have gotten my wife to help. I know in general terms what I want (an arch or two, definitely some caves for fishes to move in and out of and the idea of not moving the eye to the center is a great concept. I will send pictures as this gets built and perhaps I can get opinions on it.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with Texas holey? I have an established 150 tall fowlr. Trying to get more rock in there was gonna get this big piece but I'm not sure what this thing will do to my tank dropping it at the bottom and building on top with my lr. Any info would be great.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's see some more scapes!

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Christmas time last year my 75 gal sprung a leak everything went in trash cans & 5 gal buckets. I bought a 90 gal tank but it was a week before I got the tank set up again. Needless to I lost a lot of everything. I did get a chance however to rescape my tank I know I need more corals but would like your input. thanx in advance

Attachments

• 10000259_10202191585929536_2059380304_n.jpg
    10000259_10202191585929536_2059380304_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,196
  • 967703_10201813759204104_156127565_n.jpg
    967703_10201813759204104_156127565_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 1964309_10202191404164992_1845521847_n.jpg
    1964309_10202191404164992_1845521847_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,192

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back