Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another easy way to assist with placement is to get out the measuring tape and grid out the rule of thirds on the glass with blue painters tape. Scape, step back and look, modify, step back... This really helps with visualizing the grid and is easily removed (no residue with painters tape) once done.

Awesome advice!
Thanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My saltwater tank came down with ick took live rock out and treating fish with copper would it be ok to leave some live rock in tank for fish I know it will die off

Desperado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to do some aquascaping too. I have a nice 120 that is very mature. Clowns are 13 yrs old. Had some aquarium maintenance dude tell me I had too much LR and it looked like Stevie Wonder placed my rock :( oh well. I don't think it looks that bad.

I will try to do better though. I've got to get rid of some of this finger leather
yzy5a2yq.jpg
gupe8u2a.jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would add a few of my 15 gallon nano scape at set up. The dimensions of this tank are - 24 x 12 x 12. Rather than use a few large rocks, I try to scale down the size of the rocks used and try to scape it like a larger tank.

Scape1.jpg

Scape2.jpg

Scape3.jpg

Scape4.jpg

Last edited:

cuzican76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same with my tanks I take hours moving them around and getting it where I'm happy and it looks natural

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep shooting for the perfect scape! The perfect aquascape is one that pleases you and is beneficial to the livestock in your tank!

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rescaped last night, what do you think? I'm not 100% on it.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389315069.293171.jpg

I have to be honest, since you asked...it kind of looks like a...like a pile of dead coral to me. Like there was a storm and that's where it landed. Try opening it up a little; make some nice caves and overhangs. I would also remove the LR that looks like sticks, but that's just me.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to do some aquascaping too. I have a nice 120 that is very mature. Clowns are 13 yrs old. Had some aquarium maintenance dude tell me I had too much LR and it looked like Stevie Wonder placed my rock :( oh well. I don't think it looks that bad.

I will try to do better though. I've got to get rid of some of this finger leather
yzy5a2yq.jpg
gupe8u2a.jpg

I don't know...I kinda like it.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My saltwater tank came down with ick took live rock out and treating fish with copper would it be ok to leave some live rock in tank for fish I know it will die off

NO. Live rock will absorb copper and leach it back into the water for a loooong time. Not good for your inverts or your fish.

bitumenman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take that into count. I think the tonga branch is going into the sump and I'll try again

Desperado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well took out some LR rubble that needed to go. Getting better flow with my MP40's.... Still gonna add some LR but larger pieces to fill in the back. Also got rid of some of my out of control finger leather.

Still settling so water still cloudy.
eje2ahet.jpg
6ada2asu.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back