Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

RuRoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That scape is outstanding mchristian. Nice to see another corner cube tank. Here is mine and what I came up with.
From the front corner.
DSC05069_zpseea5293e.jpg

From the left front.
DSC05068_zps48c7db72.jpg

From the right front.
DSC05067_zps7f6d112e.jpg

Love the arches.

shrimplet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is a great thread I will be redoing my scape soon so this is great thread to go off of

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

numsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the aquascaping here is really amazing but it sort of messes with everything that I have been taught about the amount of rock needed for proper growth of nitrifying bacteria. Every article as well as opinion from other reefers says we should use 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of rock per gallon. Some of the photos of tanks here, as beautiful as they look do not seem to have enough. I wonder what size tank is charliethetuna's and razors and how much rock they are using. I am starting to plan a 90g and and maybe I am missing something but are they using enough? That being said this thread has given me some great ideas, well done!

Last edited:

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the aquascaping here is really amazing but it sort of messes with everything that I have been taught about the amount of rock needed for proper growth of nitrifying bacteria. Every article as well as opinion from other reefers says we should use 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of rock per gallon. Some of the photos of tanks here, as beautiful as they look do not seem to have enough. I wonder what size tank is charliethetuna's and razors and how much rock they are using. I am starting to plan a 90g and and maybe I am missing something but are they using enough?

Yep they have plenty of rock! Plus some people will put rock in there sumps if large enough or have the water run through a whole other vat that is full of live rock. Just know the rock does not have to be in the Display it just can be in the system somewhere.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the aquascaping here is really amazing but it sort of messes with everything that I have been taught about the amount of rock needed for proper growth of nitrifying bacteria. Every article as well as opinion from other reefers says we should use 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of rock per gallon. Some of the photos of tanks here, as beautiful as they look do not seem to have enough. I wonder what size tank is charliethetuna's and razors and how much rock they are using. I am starting to plan a 90g and and maybe I am missing something but are they using enough? That being said this thread has given me some great ideas, well done!

It really has more to do with density and surface area. You could get 200 lbs of solid concrete blocks but they won't do nearly the job of 50 pounds of real reef or Fiji which is porous ;) it's all about finding the happy medium. Enough to filter but not so much that all you have is rock and covered sand ;) as my tank sits, I have about 1/2-3/4 lb per G in my tank and my water stays pretty clean.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Last edited:
Back