Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for sharing all this information ... I am trying to plan out my future reef tank and this will help tremendously. Right now I am working on finding the 'colors' to complement the aquascaping and your information on color composition was just what I needed.

Uchris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read all four pages in this write-up. Mazing job, very informative and inspiring. I'm glad I ran into it actually because I have not been pleased with my tanks rock work 100%..any suggestions?

Tank specs: 36Lx24Hx12W
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362546775.767740.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362546815.246644.jpg

This is the "Right" side f your facing the tank. This is the side I don't care for too much.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362546996.017601.jpg

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Open space, overhangs, good flow..... Nice job :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see a thread that talks about the aquascaping. But for some tips check out Tashi Amano "Nature aquarium". A lot of design features can be applied to reef tanks. One thing missing in this thread is the development of a rock structure and the balance of space with coral growth. Many corals have a variety of different growth patterns. This will disrupt the outline and design of the tank original rock work. You might want to start showing growth patterns of the coral. So when a matured tank will have a natural look when the frags do grow out. Maybe a list of growth patterns for various coral species. Also you might want to mention the use of different coral species. Just an idea to start you off. I have a bunch more topics that haven't been discussed but this should be a good start. :)

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! And do you mean water flow or like zen flow? Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Both, doesn't look like your susceptible to dead spots and the layout leaves tons of room for multi layered growth ;)

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see a thread that talks about the aquascaping. But for some tips check out Tashi Amano "Nature aquarium". A lot of design features can be applied to reef tanks. One thing missing in this thread is the development of a rock structure and the balance of space with coral growth. Many corals have a variety of different growth patterns. This will disrupt the outline and design of the tank original rock work. You might want to start showing growth patterns of the coral. So when a matured tank will have a natural look when the frags do grow out. Maybe a list of growth patterns for various coral species. Also you might want to mention the use of different coral species. Just an idea to start you off. I have a bunch more topics that haven't been discussed but this should be a good start. :)

This is actually an article I'm getting ready to write. Still looking for specimen's that have a year or longer growth shots available. Monday I'm meeting with a local gentlemen to discuss several species we might focus on ;)

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually an article I'm getting ready to write. Still looking for specimen's that have a year or longer growth shots available. Monday I'm meeting with a local gentlemen to discuss several species we might focus on ;)

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

How many species are going to research? Basic shapes of growth would greatly help out. Also don't forget to mention the campability and coral needs.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be quite extensive. I want to focus on several types of Acro, Mille, Monti, Chalice, Acan and 4-5 common softies.
I will go into factors such as water flow, lighting, feeding, water parameters and general growth characteristics.
I have a ton of data I'm still going thru and it's a much bigger project than I initially thought ;)

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Back