Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome scapes guys! WOW!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unnamed (62).jpg unnamed (60).jpg unnamed (57).jpg

Wow, that is great. what size is your tank?

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is its dimension? It looks very shadow. Really nice aquascape. Did you make it yourself or the pieces are just like that? Thank you for sharing.

dragonfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is its dimension? It looks very shadow. Really nice aquascape. Did you make it yourself or the pieces are just like that? Thank you for sharing.

yea i made it myself with indonezian rocks dry ones
the dimensions r 50cm high 120 cm long and 80 cm deep
u got the ling above u can see how it was done

OP
OP
Veganbrian

Veganbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad people are still finding my article helpful and, i appreciate all the kind words =)

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad people are still finding my article helpful and, i appreciate all the kind words =)
I'd love to get your feedback on the pics above. I've read your original post and think I've done what you explained

OP
OP
Veganbrian

Veganbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I did for my deep blue 30
Front

Side

My advice is to move that seeding round rock in the front left behind the other rocks. its out of place. Then, looking at the front view, make your rockwork more diagonal. Take the right side and bring it more forwards towards the front of the tank and maybe push the left side back a 1/2". that will give it more depth.

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. That out of place rock wasn't staying. Just didn't take it out before the picture. I'll try those things out and see how it looks

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread some stunning scapes any opinions on mine good or bad :)

20150524_135918_zpsvw8g3gya.jpg

20150524_152100_zpso3cbvu6c.jpg

20150524_152114_zpssg8izqsj.jpg

I find scaping stressful as it never seems to go as well as I wanted it yet the other half is going that looks nice leave it but I think she is just saying that to de stress me !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Veganbrian

Veganbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread some stunning scapes any opinions on mine good or bad :)

20150524_135918_zpsvw8g3gya.jpg

20150524_152100_zpso3cbvu6c.jpg

20150524_152114_zpssg8izqsj.jpg

I find scaping stressful as it never seems to go as well as I wanted it yet the other half is going that looks nice leave it but I think she is just saying that to de stress me !!

Your aquascape looks great. The only suggestions i have are on coral placement. The sps in the middle that combine the two structures should be moved if possible to seperate the two . having a gap in the middle will make it more interesting. Also the corals on the sandbed are a bit random. Rockwork is great though!

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I have just randomly placed them on bottom till I decide where is best to place the acans.

The blue planet acro on bottom is going through light aclimatising so will slowly be moved up.

The coral joining the rock work is an asparagus tip ( colt coral ) softie. Where would you suggest would be an idea placement for that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

OP
OP
Veganbrian

Veganbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I have just randomly placed them on bottom till I decide where is best to place the acans.

The blue planet acro on bottom is going through light aclimatising so will slowly be moved up.

The coral joining the rock work is an asparagus tip ( colt coral ) softie. Where would you suggest would be an idea placement for that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Thats a neat looking softie, its hard to tell what it was in the pictures. If the lighting and flow is good for it, i would say move it above to the right of the green star polyps. It will help break up the 90 degree agle rockwork in that section

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a neat looking softie, its hard to tell what it was in the pictures. If the lighting and flow is good for it, i would say move it above to the right of the green star polyps. It will help break up the 90 degree agle rockwork in that section
I'll give that a go a post back :)

OP
OP
Veganbrian

Veganbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much I'm a trailer mechanic by trade and never been good with art in school lol. Nice to have the opinion of someone who knows about art n shares their knowledge to help us achieve what we dream of as our reefs.

:D:D:D I'm always happy to help! :):):)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back