Tips bleaching on acropora and brown algae! What am I doing wrong???

Wow! [emoji15] that's great detailed watch over that coral! Mine had tons of pink when I got it and it's been literally growing like a weed & has lost all pink as it has been growing! :(

where are your parameters and par? Led?

2623f561f410f385385b840e7d38924f.jpg
35e935c87a8c911ec7c7b09cdd7f1f46.jpg
 
Alk: 7.7
Ca: 465-475
Mg: 1380-1440
Temp: 76.6 - 77.10
pH: 7.92 - 8.22 (avg. 8.04)
Nitrates/phosphates: Haven't measured in months

What the paletta pink tip looked like before I moved it.
paletta_pink_tip_042717.jpg


Tank is indeed LED lighted and PAR ranges from 100-200 on the sandbed and goes all the way up to 770 at a hotspot. Most of the stuff that I care about sits in 250-500 PAR.
 
things to look forward too! awesome change in color with that pink popping now! I'm slowly raising my light intensity around 1% overall everyday/ every other day until i find a sweet spot where everyone is super happy.

i recently won a very high end acropora but having the vendor hold it until I'm sure that i won't kill it. I'm usually really good about patience but with such an awesome coral heading my way its very hard to be patient with my tank! lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new