TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it makes since! I have a rescue lab with all sorts of problems unfortunately and I’m sure it’s from inbreeding ugh….
Inbreeding and taking the pups away from mom too early. They should be with mom for 12 weeks cause they learn so much more from her in that time frame and become better pets because of it. Yeah, they can be weaning at 6 to 8 weeks but mom keeps teaching them things.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That didn’t take long lol… not sure how long that will last! All 4 cozy in the nem..
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1870.jpeg
IMG_1865.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So momma already booted the 3 little ones from the nem and bites the crap outta my hand if it’s in the tank! Buhahaha! I’ll teach her! Just picked up a second Colorado sunburst! I’m determined to make this work! If not a pair and the nem will go into my frag tank that’s not built yet :zany-face:

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing pics of your tank in some of my online searches for “peninsula” reef. Great job!
Thank you! Been on vacation! Just got back! Tank did great! It’s actually doing better than it ever has so that’s exciting! My stupid apex ph probe is not working right and had me all over the place! Not using it now since it won’t calibrate correctly… got a ph pen and all the sudden it’s all perfect!
IMG_1893.jpeg
IMG_1899.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no!!what do I do?!?!? The ratio is incorrect! Not a thing! Haha… :face-with-tears-of-joy: My tank took off and I can actually see daily growth now on my sticks and huge fluffy lps… I decided to check my nutrients since it’s been a couple weeks since i tested.. po4 is high and my tank is loving it! 0.178 on my po4 currently… it’s normally bottomed out! Lol good ole reef roids for those who aren’t following and wanna know how I got them up.
IMG_1957.jpeg
IMG_1958.png

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing has been a slow grower for me but taking off now! Got a little 1” frag about 8 months ago.. I think between the tank changes and light changes etc it was stunted but now that I quit playing it’s taking off! Asd rainbow Millie.
IMG_7764.jpeg
IMG_1964.jpeg
IMG_1965.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to keep this in mind for the upcoming build.... Some rock is coming back out of the cube for it but going to have to start a decent amount fresh.
Plenty of threads on it… I just grab a 40 gal brute and fill it half way with rock then fill it with water till it covers the top of the rocks and pour a entire gallon of acid in and let it set till it quits foaming… takes 45min to a hour.. pour the trash can over in my rocks and rinse everything well with my hose and let it dry for 2 days or so and throw it in my tank… people go to many extremes like a ro bath and rinse to ro bath then soak in salt water blah blah… I’m too lazy for all that and never had a problem with just acid and a garden hose…. The acid strips the rock of the outer surface and po4 so it helps tremendously with uglies… I’ve even put some in my tank a hour after a acid bath and saw no I’ll effects.. people think acid omg! While others use it to adjust freshly mixed saltwater, the worst it would do is affect your ph unless you poured it in your tank obviously haha!

Disclaimer wear gloves and eye protection for your own good if you’ve never used it! I got scolded for giving this advice and not warning the dummies to use caution! Hahahahahaha…

Also don’t fill the trash can to the brim it will foam up a good 4-6 inches!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dem flesh bands! I don’t think these LPs can get much healthier! Hammer got babies all over the place popping out and the torches splitting like crazy! Night time on the reef. The torch was a single head about 6 months ago.. that’s my 24k
IMG_2066.jpeg
IMG_2069.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working.
All for reef! It’s pretty amazing I must say! It’s by far the easiest product I’ve ever used and the results are amazing!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lot of fancy fish and a couple high end tangs but this dude has always been my favorite fish in my tank! Very peaceful and just classy looking with that glowing tail.. I got him as a baby when I ordered a mimmic tang and they didn’t have the yellow/orange
IMG_2087.png
so they sent me this half black mimmic! Glad they did..

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back