TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So treatment is complete! Even with the massive over dose on day 1 everything is fine except my clam that only wants to open half way now.. did a 25% wc yesterday and running my skimmer and carbon reactor again! I think the clam will be fine… hope anyways lol..

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently there’s a lot of po4 in Ruby rally pro! Sheesh…: I’ve struggled to get my po4 from zero for ever and I noticed that now my tank is crystal clear again my colors are way off on my lps and sticks.. ugh… guess it’s back to the color up game! :rolleyes: Po4 sitting at .365now.. aaaahhhh!

IMG_1782.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little zeo magic and we’re back down .265 which is still high but I’m guessing by Friday it will be close to zero…. Time will tell!!! Zeo magic is new stones, bak,start, coral amino and snow..
IMG_1788.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this is fun it’s gonna get expensive :face-with-tears-of-joy:… I have today off “holiday” so I took advantage of it! Added more rock to my tank and moved a bunch of corals around! Cleaned and scrubbed the tank inside and out, changed 100 gallons of water and added some coral snow with the zeo milk I make! Tank is looking great and everyone is happy! Yay! Pro tip dry rock will be purple in a couple weeks and no ugly phase thanks to the zeo milk mixed with snow the bacteria coats the rocks surfaces before anything else tries to take over! I’ve done a few times with this tank and never saw a speck of algae in it.. first picture is draining and the second is the fill station in the garage filling the sump while the return pump fills the display then snow and crystal clear tank!
IMG_1801.jpeg
IMG_1802.jpeg
IMG_1803.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_1798.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your zeomilk recipe? I didn’t know you could milk rocks LOL
Zeo bak, zeo coral food 7, coral snow, reef roids, acro power and a splash of mb7 for now… I started with just the big 3 in zeo and keep adding stuff for now haha!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are you dosing and how much? I tried zeo a few months ago and went to fast and everything went pale. I’ve been slowly dosing every few days for now to get it built up.
I run 1-1/2 bags of stones in my reactor and I dose the bacteria daily with bacto balance… the milk I make I use twice a week…

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little morning fire on the reef!!! Now I’m stepping into an unknown realm with a couple large angels that are 15 years old! A friend of mine wants them to go to a good home! Both about 8inches long.. bellus and swallow tail! Haven’t pulled the trigger but thinking about it hard! Haha.. they ate a wellso in his tank so he’s done with them.. I’m mostly Sps sooooooo…
IMG_1805.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a swallow tail. Always wanted a bellus. Should be OK if you keep them fed.
He’s had them 15 years and always been great citizens than got a taste for wellso… doesn’t touch any torches of hammers etc.. he said all his meats they’re destroying when he’s not home! He set up a ring camera to a catch them lol..

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Numbers back in line yay! I double check my trident on the weekend with a Hannah… also put a heater on my tank which I dislike but hey! Pulling freezing air from outside had my tank cold! Po4 back down to .067 also letting my alk fall back down it crept up to 13 chasing ph… smh… once it gets back to 8-9 I’ll start adding kalk again and see if I can balance it out with ph and alk..
IMG_1825.jpeg
IMG_1826.png

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today will be the moment of truth… adding 4 new clowns and hopefully the brook is gone in my tank. I picked up a snowy storm, black storm, false perc and black ice! Full variety haha.. picking them up after work! :grimacing-face:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little guys and a med size gal are in! Hope it all goes well! :star-struck: Hard to get a picture as they’re all over the place right now lol..
IMG_1860.jpeg
IMG_1852.jpeg
IMG_1858.jpeg
IMG_1859.jpeg
IMG_1857.jpeg
IMG_1856.jpeg
IMG_1853.jpeg
Hope it goes well for you. I’ve never had any luck with more than one pair of clowns, even in my 270 gallon.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it goes well for you. I’ve never had any luck with more than one pair of clowns, even in my 270 gallon.
We shall see! I know they will be fine for a few months at least! By that time I’ll have my second tank going and dialed in and can move a pair if needed.. my buddy has a few pairs but multiple nems and it’s working..

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often wonder if the hybridization increases the chances of disease for many of these designer Clown Fish? I know in other animals this is the cause of many disease outcomes. I prefer natural fish due to my experience in the pet trade. Just saying just cause you can does not mean you should when raising fish.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often wonder if the hybridization increases the chances of disease for many of these designer Clown Fish? I know in other animals this is the cause of many disease outcomes. I prefer natural fish due to my experience in the pet trade. Just saying just cause you can does not mean you should when raising fish.
I mean it makes since! I have a rescue lab with all sorts of problems unfortunately and I’m sure it’s from inbreeding ugh….

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back