TM A and K, weird stuff in A

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dosing A & K manually for about a month. It’s been great. I just poured my 200ml bottles into Voss glass bottles to start dosing with my doser and I noticed the K-Elements are a nice shade of blue and the A-Elements are a lighter shade of blue but contains stringy blue material. Is this normal? Will it clog my dosing lines? Should the material get into the tank via doser, will it be a problem?

@Lou Ekus any insight?

9AC2695A-6000-4568-B8C4-74DAC9F3F52D.jpeg
465066B2-B6F4-4642-9128-084A5DC652F0.jpeg

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dosing A & K manually for about a month. It’s been great. I just poured my 200ml bottles into Voss glass bottles to start dosing with my doser and I noticed the K-Elements are a nice shade of blue and the A-Elements are a lighter shade of blue but contains stringy blue material. Is this normal? Will it clog my dosing lines? Should the material get into the tank via doser, will it be a problem?

@Lou Ekus any insight?

Nothing as grand as your setup but I put my syringe from Trace A into the Trace K bottle (I use separate syringes normally) by mistake and ended up with precipitate similar to yours. It only takes a bit of contamination it appears.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing as grand as your setup but I put my syringe from Trace A into the Trace K bottle (I use separate syringes normally) by mistake and ended up with precipitate similar to yours. It only takes a bit of contamination it appears.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt I have never cross contaminated the syringes. I use separate syringes that are labeled and remove one bottle at a time from the cabinet. If some has precipitated out does that mean it is no longer the “strength” it should be? Also, what might happen if that material enters the doser?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say without a shadow of a doubt I have never cross contaminated the syringes. I use separate syringes that are labeled and remove one bottle at a time from the cabinet. If some has precipitated out does that mean it is no longer the “strength” it should be? Also, what might happen if that material enters the doser?
Curious how you rinsed those containers and if you’ve thinned down the solution? The containers look huge on the photo but I suppose they are 500mls or something.

Edit - the little bit I had, I just sucked it up and used it.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how you rinsed those containers and if you’ve thinned down the solution? The containers look huge on the photo but I suppose they are 500mls or something.

Edit - the little bit I had, I just sucked it up and used it.

I suspect it’s been in there since it was opened as a couple times my syringe had specks of blue in it. I didn’t think anything of it until I dumped it out today. The Voss bottles are 800ml. The bottles were bought 2 weeks ago, my wife and I celebrated our upper class water intake for a day LOL. We poured the water out into cups, enjoyed the fancy water and then I sat them in a paper towel upside down to drip then flipped them over cap off for a bit. A couple days later screwed on the cap and went to use them today. They were bone dry.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect it’s been in there since it was opened as a couple times my syringe had specks of blue in it. I didn’t think anything of it until I dumped it out today. The Voss bottles are 800ml. The bottles were bought 2 weeks ago, my wife and I celebrated our upper class water intake for a day LOL. We poured the water out into cups, enjoyed the fancy water and then I sat them in a paper towel upside down to drip then flipped them over cap off for a bit. A couple days later screwed on the cap and went to use them today. They were bone dry.
Is there a very expensive mineral in that water? Never heard of it :)
Just grasping at straws, lol

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a very expensive mineral in that water? Never heard of it :)
Just grasping at straws, lol

I felt like an ****** when I bought the bottles. It’s like $4 a bottle at our local Publix. Too fancy for me, but the glass bottle is perfect for dosing.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Lou Ekus any insight?

It is not unusual to see these kinds of "threads" in either the Trace A or Trace K. Sometimes, given the perfect conditions, there will be some bacterial growth and precipitation. We see this all the sometimes. It is not harmful, and does not effect the potency of the product. It is small enough and "slippery" enough, that I have never seen it clog any tubing or components. It is not something we like to see becasue it just doesn't look great. But it is not harmful, and doesn't change the dosing at all. If this thread like material makes its way into your tank, also, no problem and you won't even see it. It will just dissapate and get lost. We are working on ways to avoid this in the future. But as of now, not being produced under strictly sterile conditions, we just put up with seeing this stuff once in a while in select containers. I hope this answers your question.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not unusual to see these kinds of "threads" in either the Trace A or Trace K. Sometimes, given the perfect conditions, there will be some bacterial growth and precipitation. We see this all the sometimes. It is not harmful, and does not effect the potency of the product. It is small enough and "slippery" enough, that I have never seen it clog any tubing or components. It is not something we like to see becasue it just doesn't look great. But it is not harmful, and doesn't change the dosing at all. If this thread like material makes its way into your tank, also, no problem and you won't even see it. It will just dissapate and get lost. We are working on ways to avoid this in the future. But as of now, not being produced under strictly sterile conditions, we just put up with seeing this stuff once in a while in select containers. I hope this answers your question.

Thank you Lou. I appreciate the info!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back