Tmr’s 7 gallon bounce house

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have had this little gem for over a year. Hasn’t seen water ever. That changes ... soon! I will be moving my mushroom collection into this guy. As well as various lps that I love but can’t keep in my leather dominated lagoon (wayyyy too much coral warfare going on in there, torches instantly melt).

Planned equipment:

Lifeguard Aquatics Fullview 7 gallon AIO
Nanobox Tide v2 array (can’t Login to bluefish on my new iPhone!)
Upgraded return pump to a Hydor pico evolution mini pump (does approx 300 gph)
Some random heater

I will be using the stock glass top to hopefully keep evaporation to a minimum with manual top offs

Planned live stock:

Yellowtail Damsel
A small cuc
Bounces!
some hammers and torches
Some favias

Tank empty

Aquascape I pieced together quickly using Stax rock by two little fishes. I am a huge fan of this stuff! I loved legos as a kid and this stuff is very reminiscent of them. I am very partial to arches and ledges in my reef scapes and this rock makes it very easy to build all types of shapes.

0F178317-797B-46B8-931E-95E6A2FBAB2C.jpeg

This is the scape I came up with late last night. I am quite happy with it. Next step is to decide on a sand and fill her up! I plan on using some biospiral to seed it pretty quickly.

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, I’m also in the works of setting my 7 gallon up, if I may suggest get a Coral Box RN-1 Pump. Trust me it’s worth it, one of the most compact pumps Ive seen, basically a cheaper version of a MP10 comes with a controller, with different modes and so on, check out my build to see it!

OP
OP
T

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice start! Should be a cool little tank.

Thanks!

Hey bro, I’m also in the works of setting my 7 gallon up, if I may suggest get a Coral Box RN-1 Pump. Trust me it’s worth it, one of the most compact pumps Ive seen, basically a cheaper version of a MP10 comes with a controller, with different modes and so on, check out my build to see it!

I actually don’t plan on using any more flow other than the return pump. Stocking is mainly going to be shrooms and hammers so the additional flow isn’t going to be necessary. I will have to check it out though, sounds very interesting. Your build looks very promising as well!

OP
OP
T

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to plug up a hole in the false wall with some silicone. While that was drying I tinkered around with one of the filter socks from the Innovative marine 25. A little bit of cutting to the plastic and it fits perfectly!

8E60A2B8-C3C3-4553-B296-0384C36850C4.jpeg

51E88DB5-F152-4903-9679-DE03C7C821F1.jpeg

WhalesLovePineapple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah that's a trippy tank design. Reminds me of the jellyfish aquarium exhibits where the tank is sloped so the flow creates this continuous circle

OP
OP
T

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah that's a trippy tank design. Reminds me of the jellyfish aquarium exhibits where the tank is sloped so the flow creates this continuous circle

Yeah I like that it’s different.

And we are wet!! Added biospiral and let’s wait to see how long it takes to clear up.

18617169-79DC-4EA4-AD6B-38C3D17A85AD.jpeg

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want keep leather & lps in the same system, I’d suggest having activated carbon running. I’ve experienced leather killing sps & lps in a 29 gallon tank way back & that’s without carbon.

I’ve got leathers, lps, softies, sponge sps. & couple of fish in my system right now. And carbon is a must!

OP
OP
T

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have this tank too! It’s a fun design!

Oh nice! Do you have a build thread?

If you want keep leather & lps in the same system, I’d suggest having activated carbon running. I’ve experienced leather killing sps & lps in a 29 gallon tank way back & that’s without carbon.

I’ve got leathers, lps, softies, sponge sps. & couple of fish in my system right now. And carbon is a must!

I use carbon and I am religious about changing it. It became a space issue. The leathers and gorgonians grew too big too quickly.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back