Toadstool’s Not opening Fully

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

So for the longest time now 3 of my toadstools have been in this repeated shedding cycle for over a month. It’ll open a tiny bit but then close hours if not a day later, and then stay closed for days and days. I thought it was too low of flow so I increased it, but that hasn’t done anything. I also read about lighting being to intense for them, so I lowered my LED’s intensity days ago and haven’t really seen an improvement either. If any of you have anything else I can do that would really help. Thanks as always.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine go through that.. if anything touches them, say a hermit crab, they close.. lots of factors.. mine prefer lower flow, but can adapt to high flow as well.

CK Amstutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my experience. I went through it “sleeping” no matter what I did for it. Moved it here and there. Three weeks ago, moved it high in the tank and it is flourishing. About eight inches from power head. Whoknew?

boboyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my experience. I went through it “sleeping” no matter what I did for it. Moved it here and there. Three weeks ago, moved it high in the tank and it is flourishing. About eight inches from power head. Whoknew?
I had an issue with my toadstool and the owner of the LFS told me not to touch him. I moved him around every 2-3 weeks to find him a good place he'd like with no success. They said leave him somewhere and be patient!

I'd also like to note that I found a tiny vermetid snail on my toadstool frag so inspect it if you can. I assume the vermetid was only a baby and I didnt see him since he was too small when I got it. My toadstool finally opened up 5 days ago and hasnt really closed. Ive had him since end of december.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine definitely retracts polyps for a week or more sometimes. Never have figured out why it does that when the rest of the tank seems fine.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 58 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back