Toadstool ‘foot’ issue

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Messages
1,242
Reaction score
1,195
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this neon green polyp toadstool from WWC 2 weeks ago. I am aware of how moody they can be, as well as how they are good indicators of water chemistry. This fella slightly opened up for a few days then hunched himself over and has been droopy for a few days. Today I noticed that it appears to be separating itself from it’s foot/base. The tank has been up for 3 months, other corals are doing well, few SPS with solid growth rings, all zoas have had at least 1 new polyp, LPS are so-so. Is this a last call for it’s well being?

water perams:
Temp 77.8
SG 1.025
PH 8
Nitrates 5
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Alk 9.8
Mag 1425
Cal 440
Phosphates .06ppm
20g tank
2 clowns, 1 firefish, 1 watchman goby, 1 tiger pistol shrimp, few snails, few blue leg hermits.
2x Kessil a80.
5A29F324-AFE8-40D4-852D-80FD0485514F.jpeg

CB440780-3585-4625-BF2D-891167BBFF6E.jpeg


Few rando

4751DB13-DA62-43AA-952D-03E24C39E858.jpeg

475D9592-664A-4E64-829E-BDC4BF8D73BA.jpeg

D9D5BF4E-B3E9-42BF-81C3-5B9696723142.jpeg


cheers
 
That was a manual light setting for pic purposes. But I will try to relocate it. It did show polyps for a few days but it never perked up, always seemed to lay kind of low and hunched down.
 
Is it attached by a rubber band? When I lost one of mine, it got rubber banded too tight, and wound up looking like that before melting.
 
Is it attached by a rubber band? When I lost one of mine, it got rubber banded too tight, and wound up looking like that before melting.
I do not recall noticing a rubber band, but I will check to see if I can salvage it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new