Toadstool coral help.

The_Barrs_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I'm having 2 issues with my toadstool. Last night it was looking healthy and stong and this moring its not extending polyps at all..
on top of this issue i just noticed 3 lumps on the skin of it and a small needle hole.

Nothing has changed in my tank and its been in the same spot for about a month.

I do have a long spine urchin.. could that be the case? And what should I do?
Thanks in advance!

20200515_140857.jpg 20200515_140937.jpg 20200515_141517.jpg

OP
OP
The_Barrs_Reef

The_Barrs_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I'm having 2 issues with my toadstool. Last night it was looking healthy and stong and this moring its not extending polyps at all..
on top of this issue i just noticed 3 lumps on the skin of it and a small needle hole.

Nothing has changed in my tank and its been in the same spot for about a month.

I do have a long spine urchin.. could that be the case? And what should I do?
Thanks in advance!

20200515_140857.jpg 20200515_140937.jpg 20200515_141517.jpg
Bump

David_Carrera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it might've been ur urchin it should be fine though. Leathercorals are moody but they basically are bulletproof and I wouldn't really worry about its health from tiny holes. Just give it some time but if you start seeing more holes forming make sure its not a rouge bristle worm or other type of pest/invert.

OP
OP
The_Barrs_Reef

The_Barrs_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it might've been ur urchin it should be fine though. Leathercorals are moody but they basically are bulletproof and I wouldn't really worry about its health from tiny holes. Just give it some time but if you start seeing more holes forming make sure its not a rouge bristle worm or other type of pest/invert.
Thank you! Just scares ya when you wake up and it looks dead lol

OP
OP
The_Barrs_Reef

The_Barrs_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE...
I WS DOING SOME READING SO I TOOK THE BASTER AND SPRAYED it and one of the pieces flew off now there's a hole where it was, does this help anyone know what it is?? Wasn't alive just tissue looking

20200515_175149.jpg

John Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the hole on your toadstool is caused by the urchin. If that's the case, one of them must be inverted and there might be multiple holes. My Toadstool sometimes stops extending its polyps, then secrete a slimy gel all over its body, and then go back to normal in a couple days. I always tries to remove the gel from the water column when it's released. The link below suggests that it's normal for toadstool to shed its skin as it grows.

20200515_162949.jpg

OP
OP
The_Barrs_Reef

The_Barrs_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the hole on your toadstool is caused by the urchin. If that's the case, one of them must be inverted and there might be multiple holes. My Toadstool sometimes stops extending its polyps, then secrete a slimy gel all over its body, and then go back to normal in a couple days. I always tries to remove the gel from the water column when it's released. The link below suggests that it's normal for toadstool to shed its skin as it grows.

20200515_162949.jpg
Thank you just started seeing the slimy gel today! Guess we will just hope the hole are nothing crazy!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back