Toadstool healthy?

ParkerK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this green leather look like he’s alright? I know this is the hardiest coral out there pretty much and all my zoas and hammers are doing well so I assume he’s just taking a longer time to shed...

image.jpg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had them look funky for weeks .... could be missing something,. Could be nothing or anything ... never pinpointed a cause, As I’ve never had one actually die On purpose. <LOL>

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About once a month they can go through a phase were they shed their "skin." If it doesn't come out for more then a week, move it to an area with higher flow. IMO they tend to like medium to high flow which also helps with removing their "skin" so they don't close up as long and/or close up at all. This is also how you will see them grow.

" Some Leather or Family Alcyoniidae corals periodically slough-off a thin top layer of tissue. This shedding process is not a regenerative action, but one that serves to rid the coral's surface of accumulated waste, debris, and algae. "

source

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely saw a difference when I moved mine to higher flow! It helped them blow off their "skin" and now they look happier than ever waving in the current (medium flow at most)!

OP
OP
ParkerK

ParkerK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely saw a difference when I moved mine to higher flow! It helped them blow off their "skin" and now they look happier than ever waving in the current (medium flow at most)!
Okay!! Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back