Tomini Tang

Mundeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, anyone seen anything like this on my Blue Eyed Tomini's mouth? Honestly it reminded me of cold sores, lol.

I've had the fish for about 6 months now, stable environment, no changes recently. All other fish seem fine. It only shows up on the one side of his mouth. It looks white and slightly opaque.

**Obligatory "It's hard to see in these pictures"**

IMG_3237.jpeg IMG_3240.jpeg IMG_3244.jpeg IMG_3246.jpeg IMG_3252.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like some type of injury from rubbing or scrape and should heal on its own. When did you first notice this blemish?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just noticed it today.
Im thinking injury. Keep an eye on it for healing and not becoming infected. If it becomes infected, you will want to treat with Maracyn 2 or seachem Kanaplex in a separate treatment tank

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just noticed it today.
Agree with @vetteguy53081 I would also ask what you will consider being a stupid question - but I've done it myself with my purple tang - and diagnosed 2 other tangs with this 'rare' (kind of funny) - problem. If you were possibly gluing frags in your tank - the tang (or other fish) - can try to nip at it - and if the glob is not completely solid - the mouth can get glue on it - which usually comes off within a couple days:)

OP
OP
Mundeez

Mundeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with @vetteguy53081 I would also ask what you will consider being a stupid question - but I've done it myself with my purple tang - and diagnosed 2 other tangs with this 'rare' (kind of funny) - problem. If you were possibly gluing frags in your tank - the tang (or other fish) - can try to nip at it - and if the glob is not completely solid - the mouth can get glue on it - which usually comes off within a couple days:)
My friend I think that was it! It’s already gone, and yes I was rearranging with super glue! This hobby never ceases to amaze!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back