Tonga Torch Issue

bigpa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions regarding torches, this is my second one and haven't had much luck with this one either. I have a 20 gallon nuvo tank that has been set up for about 7-8 months. This was a 3 polyp frag that i put in my tank about a month ago or so. The center head is the only one that still opens up at all. I did notice the frags still at my local fish store seem closed up too a lot of the time. The center opens buts doesn't looks full or super healthy. Below are some water parameters:

Salinity 1.026
Alk just over 8 dKh
Nitrates 50ppm (Working on lower this over the past week)

Now nitrates are the only thing that stick out to me as far as an issue. But the weird thing is I have a hammer in the tank as well as zoas that look great. Lighting info is an AI prime that ramps up to UV 15%, Violet 50%, Royal 55%, Blue 54%, and White 8% (one hour ramp up/down and stay full for 7 hours). Is there anything that could be a red flag for a torch besides the nitrates that I am missing?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torches prefer a decent amount of random flow... noticeably more than hammer from my experience. How about your other parameters? Calcium, phosphate?

Photos might help too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back