Tonya's 210 Gallon

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super glue kicks my bleep every time! I don’t know what it is but cant keep it clean if my life depended on it. Thanks for sharing it’s good to know your not alone ;)
Good luck scrapping it off the teeth maybe an adult beverage to loosen it is allowable?

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super glue kicks my bleep every time! I don’t know what it is but cant keep it clean if my life depended on it. Thanks for sharing it’s good to know your not alone ;)
Good luck scrapping it off the teeth maybe an adult beverage to loosen it is allowable?
I'm guessing beer has enough alcohol in it. It is that or apple cider vinegar. I think I'll go get a Miller out of the fridge. See @Raege , this is why I come to you for advice. You are so knowledgeable. ;) ;Hilarious

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad I’m not the only one that struggles with the super glue. I switched to putty which doesn’t work great either, but at least it’s only a minor mess to clean off my fingers instead of a full blown super glue tornado situation. Oh, and API ammonia tests pretty much read false positives at .25 as a rule, one of the first things my LFS told me when I was starting out.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad I’m not the only one that struggles with the super glue. I switched to putty which doesn’t work great either, but at least it’s only a minor mess to clean off my fingers instead of a full blown super glue tornado situation. Oh, and API ammonia tests pretty much read false positives at .25 as a rule, one of the first things my LFS told me when I was starting out.
Yeah, I'm still peeling glue off.
Supposedly, I have a Salifert Ammonia test arriving tonight from Amazon between 6:15 and 10:00. I keep having my kids check for packages out front. I want to get the worry out of the back of my brain. I hope it is just a bad API test. (fingers crossed.)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey tonya,

Sorry I haven’t stopped by here in a while. Please tell me you have a video of your recent super glue adventure. I would love to see it. As everyone mentioned don’t worry about ammonia in an established tank unless you have major die off or huge feeding error. If you are worried about ammonia Seachem has an ammonia badge that can be placed in the tank, but I don’t think you need it.

Can’t help you with the library issues since I am not sure what one is. Dosing you are the expert on :D

Edit, post a pic of your hammer if you can

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm still peeling glue off.
Supposedly, I have a Salifert Ammonia test arriving tonight from Amazon between 6:15 and 10:00. I keep having my kids check for packages out front. I want to get the worry out of the back of my brain. I hope it is just a bad API test. (fingers crossed.)
I got it in my hair the last time I used it. And I mean the LAST time! The only thing that stuff sticks to is me. Honestly, if the API is reading .25 and your corals/fish look happy, then it’s probably a good test! You can count on that .25 LOL

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanna bet a 1/4 full bottle of super glue that you have zero ammonia? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
If you win will even toss in some hospital gloves for next frag fest ;)
I’ll match his bet, and throw in a complimentary adult beverage!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey tonya,

Sorry I haven’t stopped by here in a while. Please tell me you have a video of your recent super glue adventure. I would love to see it. As everyone mentioned don’t worry about ammonia in an established tank unless you have major die off or huge feeding error. If you are worried about ammonia Seachem has an ammonia badge that can be placed in the tank, but I don’t think you need it.

Can’t help you with the library issues since I am not sure what one is. Dosing you are the expert on :D

Edit, post a pic of your hammer if you can
Hi @Mastiffsrule ! First of all, we need more photos of your giant puppy. My dog is 14 lbs -- I'm not sure yours was ever that small. :)
Just look up America's funniest home videos of a middle-aged woman, drenched from the shoulders up, standing on a ladder and spitting out goop and wildly flailing her arms -- while wearing a dive mask and snorkel. I don't need my own video of that -- my boys would bring it out every Christmas to watch and eventually show the grandkids. I don't need to leave that legacy.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanna bet a 1/4 full bottle of super glue that you have zero ammonia? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
If you win will even toss in some hospital gloves for next frag fest ;)
You're on! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it in my hair the last time I used it. And I mean the LAST time! The only thing that stuff sticks to is me. Honestly, if the API is reading .25 and your corals/fish look happy, then it’s probably a good test! You can count on that .25 LOL
LOL! How bad? Did you have to get a haircut? ;Hilarious I really don't like either the super glue or the putty, but I have both on hand. There needs to be something better out there.
I’ll match his bet, and throw in a complimentary adult beverage!
You guys are hilarious! I could pour the grown up drink into the glove and drink it from there. I would look like an 80's college movie.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! How bad? Did you have to get a haircut? ;Hilarious I really don't like either the super glue or the putty, but I have both on hand. There needs to be something better out there.

You guys are hilarious! I could pour the grown up drink into the glove and drink it from there. I would look like an 80's college movie.
How did you know..I cut it out and then went straight to Supercuts. I had it on the back of my hands and fingers..didn’t realize and ran my hands through my hair...I kept the tube as a reminder to never ever use it again! The hammer I was refastening didn’t even stick. A snail knocked it over again that night...

business idea: something that will actually glue frags to rocks without making a mess either visually or physically. I’m thinking single use? maybe it comes in packs of 5, 10, and 20?

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you know..I cut it out and then went straight to Supercuts. I had it on the back of my hands and fingers..didn’t realize and ran my hands through my hair...I kept the tube as a reminder to never ever use it again! The hammer I was refastening didn’t even stick. A snail knocked it over again that night...

business idea: something that will actually glue frags to rocks without making a mess either visually or physically. I’m thinking single use? maybe it comes in packs of 5, 10, and 20?
Oooh! I think you are on to something. We could market the product on a goofy reality tv show. ;)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shark tank? Or perhaps something that comes on at 2:00am Sunday night?
Definitely. We could be the infomercial King and Queen if Shark Tank doesn't work out. We will be on the cover of Forbes within a year. :p

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT'S HERE!
I'm five or so minutes from knowing...
Ammonia Test Salifert.jpg

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely. We could be the infomercial King and Queen if Shark Tank doesn't work out. We will be on the cover of Forbes within a year. :p
Pssshh we can buy Forbes, and maybe the Great Barrier Reef too. Then use our new frag stickys to remodel it!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back