OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoo-hoo! You folks were right!!!!!!! I haven't been this nervous since I took a pregnancy test almost seventeen years ago. Tomorrow, I'm buying corals. Or maybe there are a few left at the WWC sale. Big grins over here. :D :D:D:D:D
Test Results.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been more then 5 minutes... this is the longest commercial break I have ever seen. Even if you stop to make another cocktail. SLooooooW POKE....
Mr. Smarty Pants! ;) Most of the time was me trying to get the picture from my camera to the website.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoo-hoo! You folks were right!!!!!!! I haven't been this nervous since I took a pregnancy test almost seventeen years ago. Tomorrow, I'm buying corals. Or maybe there are a few left at the WWC sale. Big grins over here. :D :D:D:D:D
Test Results.jpg
Awesome! Congratulations!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For fish, I prefer Kona Reef in your backyard, but I buy most of my corals and supplies from Ocean Floor or online. I'll be honest, I haven't looked at Kona Reef recently for fish or corals because I was ill for a long time, and now I've been just trying to get my tank back on track since then. I don't know what they are stocking these days. I'm a regular at Ocean Floor -- they are really good to me and have wonderful customer service so I try to keep them in business.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my tank a Kona.. They have really improved their In -Stock Position on corals of the last few months.. I was in Ocean Floor once is that the one with the stream running through it?.
Yeah...that's the one. I'm in the middle between O.F. and K.R. -- it is about a 30 minute drive in both directions for me so there isn't one that is closer over the other. There are a couple guys at O.F. that have been in the hobby for a long time. So I generally look to them for help. There are also a few who haven't been doing this very long. I've just learned over time.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Southwest Sea is pretty Good.. Also have been to Reef Monsters.. You need to go there just to check out the Aiptasia they have in every tank... There the real reef monsters...
I stopped in at Reef Monsters after an AZFRAG meeting in Mesa. They were in the middle of redoing their entire coral display so I didn't see a thing. The Aiptasia is good to know.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped in at Reef Monsters after an AZFRAG meeting in Mesa. They were in the middle of redoing their entire coral display so I didn't see a thing. The Aiptasia is good to know.
They had it in there 3 inchs tall really.... The guy says can I help you I said Ummmm No Thanks Just Looking... He says O.K and walked away I finished my sentence to my wife... Just Looking at your HUGE Aiptasia....lol

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was my weekend to work so I have Monday and Tuesday off. Today is my Sunday so-to-speak. After last night's testing, I made plans for today. I was going to run to my lfs and blow my children's Christmas money on corals. ;) But then I remembered the my Liveaquaria order should be arriving before 10:30. So I'll be spending the morning acclimating, and watching. The QT is ready to go at least -- but depending on the conditions of the livestock, it may not be a coral shopping day. I should be receiving a coral beauty, an orange starfish, and a six-line wrasse. ;Happy

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 6 line! Glad im not the only one here willing to give one a chance, he is such a colorful fish, always in the front watching me watch him :)

no aggression out of him so far, just add him last and you should be good.

Full disclosure: i thought I was done adding fish after my wrasse, but then there was a lawnmower blenny at Petco that I just had to rescue. The 6 line clearly annoyed the blenny, started messing with him but the blenny wasn’t having it. he bit the wrasse. that took care of that, and there has been peace in the tank ever since.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 6 line! Glad im not the only one here willing to give one a chance, he is such a colorful fish, always in the front watching me watch him :)

no aggression out of him so far, just add him last and you should be good.

Full disclosure: i thought I was done adding fish after my wrasse, but then there was a lawnmower blenny at Petco that I just had to rescue. The 6 line clearly annoyed the blenny, started messing with him but the blenny wasn’t having it. he bit the wrasse. that took care of that, and there has been peace in the tank ever since.
There is always dominance that needs to be determined, so I expect that. I just don't want anyone chasing down and bullying fish to the point of sickness and death. Thanks for the feedback on the six-line. I ordered him because of your experience with the one you have. I'm hoping he works out. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back