Tonya's 210 Gallon

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I’ve read pineapple sponges not harmful to tank. By individual preference may be a visual nuisance.
83905FDC-364B-4295-B53D-CF7D4A47C512.gif
I love pineapple sponges. I have a bunch in my long term invert QT and have several times considered pulling a few and seeding the DT.

Who mentioned Ai*****? What is wrong with you!!!!

I've been trying very hard to keep my tank pest free- but i brought an aip in on a feather duster and now i have 6 visible. I'm going to have to get one of those ugly aip eating filefish, but @Victoria M tells me im being a snob and I shouldn't worry about looks. Lol

U

User1

View Badges
From what I’ve read pineapple sponges not harmful to tank. By individual preference may be a visual nuisance.
83905FDC-364B-4295-B53D-CF7D4A47C512.gif

Pretty much spot on. I've found them more in the darker or shaded areas in my tank. Sump, overflow box, behind rocks alongside the back wall. Cryptic zones if you will. Good filter feeders when located in these areas since they are not as visible in the display tank. Population seems to be tied to either nutrient levels or predators in the tank - or both.

I use them as a feeding reference similar to my spaghetti worm population. Too many and I know I am over feeding or do not have enough animals. Not enough then the opposite and I'm not feeding enough.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is basically what I have been reading. They are in shaded areas so I haven't seen them until I took a close look. I still might scrape some off during my water change this weekend. I'm not finding anything that eats them that gets along with reef critters. This might be my new normal.
Leave them. They'll go away.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love pineapple sponges. I have a bunch in my long term invert QT and have several times considered pulling a few and seeding the DT.

I've been trying very hard to keep my tank pest free- but i brought an aip in on a feather duster and now i have 6 visible. I'm going to have to get one of those ugly aip eating filefish, but @Victoria M tells me im being a snob and I shouldn't worry about looks. Lol
Nudibranch!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nudibranch!
Berghia?

Uugghh. Another ugly one. No fair.

I like these-
IMG_2061.JPG

We'd see these all the time diving the Monterey bay. Sigh.

Seriously though- I thought berghia only go after small aiptasia? I have a couple that are like dime sized and they'd end up surviving and continuing to seed.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Victoria M is a smart woman and should be taken seriously. ;)

Sounds like you need to purchase a copperband butterfly to take care of your aiptasia. All the cool kids are doing it. LOL

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That was me... sorry haha

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Victoria M is a smart woman and should be taken seriously. ;)

Sounds like you need to purchase a copperband butterfly to take care of your aiptasia. All the cool kids are doing it. LOL
Lol, she definitely is.

Literally everyone has been '
Big booty nudis are beautiful
IMG_20191210_203316421.jpg
IF your going to be that drab, you've at least got to look cool

Melibe. Lions mane. Insane in RL
IMG_2062.JPG

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I had never heard of the hooded Nudibranch. Not sure I’d want one eating my copepods and amphipods competing with CBB and wrasse in display but in a 2nd tank might be cool
i once saw one about 8" long with a hood the size of A dinner plate. You'd need at least a 125g species tank...they like to inflate and drift

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia?

Uugghh. Another ugly one. No fair.

I like these-
IMG_2061.JPG

We'd see these all the time diving the Monterey bay. Sigh.

Seriously though- I thought berghia only go after small aiptasia? I have a couple that are like dime sized and they'd end up surviving and continuing to seed.
Same issue with bergs when I tried them.

@Salty Lemon sorry the clowns eggs/fry didnt make it. They will lay again. Circle of life.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About every three weeks ours would lay eggs at dinner time and my boys would always laugh and say “oooh gross, they are doing it again” or “oooh fishy pron”

Nice! Where is the cheesy 70s music?

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new copperband isn't eating. His red streaks have disappeared but he hangs out in the top corner of the tank and I've never seen him swim about. I'm concerned he going to die unless he starts eating. The Masstick arrived and he won't touch it. (That stuff smells god-awful.) The Longnose seems to like it. I gave a small piece to my anemone in my dt -- he dug right in.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new copperband isn't eating. His red streaks have disappeared but he hangs out in the top corner of the tank and I've never seen him swim about. I'm concerned he going to die unless he starts eating. The Masstick arrived and he won't touch it. (That stuff smells god-awful.) The Longnose seems to like it. I gave a small piece to my anemone in my dt -- he dug right in.

Unfortunately i hear CBB can be very difficult to start eating. You may just need to research and feed him every option until he finally chooses one. Good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back