Tonya's 210 Gallon

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try mixing a bit of garlic guard to entice eating put a cpl small bits on different parts of glass so h can have one to peck on his own no competition.
Some pods or live brine if ya can get it poured into tank to give him natural prey give a choice not bad either.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately i hear CBB can be very difficult to start eating. You may just need to research and feed him every option until he finally chooses one. Good luck
Yeah...I heard that too. Someone on this forum has a beautiful one. (I won't mention names. ;) ) So I was hoping for some luck. I think if this one passes, I'll be certain to buy from a lfs instead of online. So long as I can get him to eat, I can treat him for about anything that might come along for the ride.
Try mixing a bit of garlic guard to entice eating put a cpl small bits on different parts of glass so h can have one to peck on his own no competition.
Some pods or live brine if ya can get it poured into tank to give him natural prey give a choice not bad either.
I tried the Masstick, but I like your idea of going live. Perhaps the hubby and I should run to my lfs to see if they have any live things to feed. Thanks a bunch!
Hope the CBB comes around. Such a beautiful, yet finicky fish to keep.
Thanks! I'm still hoping. From what I've read, so long as you can get them to eat, they are fairly hearty. It is the eating that can be the problem. :)

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah...I heard that too. Someone on this forum has a beautiful one. (I won't mention names. ;) ) So I was hoping for some luck. I think if this one passes, I'll be certain to buy from a lfs instead of online. So long as I can get him to eat, I can treat him for about anything that might come along for the ride.

I tried the Masstick, but I like your idea of going live. Perhaps the hubby and I should run to my lfs to see if they have any live things to feed. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks! I'm still hoping. From what I've read, so long as you can get them to eat, they are fairly hearty. It is the eating that can be the problem. :)
CBB are one of tougher fish to have. A fair bit of luck went into mine being successful. He’s the third try first from LFS started doing loop the loops right away didn’t last but 2 days 2nd lasted longer but faded away 3rd one I watched at LFS saw him eating pecking hunting in tank that with masstick mixing in frozen and a healthy pod population seems the winning combo.
I’ve read about the live clam and tried it with number two but only made the cleanup crew happy lol
Every fish is a different experience hang in there hope this guy turns the corner for ya.

AJP279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you selling the tank?
I’m looking to buy a 210-gallon fish aquarium; which will be used as a refugium. There are a few requirements: Must hold water; can never have held insects or reptiles; and I’m not interested in all the extra bells and whistles. I live near Tucson, so travel could be an issue. I can be contacted at 573*202*4971 or [email protected].

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to buy a 210-gallon fish aquarium; which will be used as a refugium. There are a few requirements: Must hold water; can never have held insects or reptiles; and I’m not interested in all the extra bells and whistles. I live near Tucson, so travel could be an issue. I can be contacted at 573*202*4971 or [email protected].
Ummm, no. I'm pretty content with what I've got. But come on up to an AZ Frag meeting sometime. We love to meet new people. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HE'S EATING!!!!!!!!!!!
One Piece.gif

There are still no guarantees on the copperband, but it's a huge start! (Happy dance.)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, what is he eating?
Awesome what did he start pecking at food wise?
I was adding a dab of mysis shrimp/frozen food in his corner a few times a day. Then I mixed mysis shrimp with Masstick and stuck it in his corner. He started to peck at that. I'm wanting to find black worms if I can get the chance. I'm also still liking the clam idea. I think it has helped that he has watched the hawkfish grab the food around him. He still looks really skinny, but this is off to a good start.

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was adding a dab of mysis shrimp/frozen food in his corner a few times a day. Then I mixed mysis shrimp with Masstick and stuck it in his corner. He started to peck at that. I'm wanting to find black worms if I can get the chance. I'm also still liking the clam idea. I think it has helped that he has watched the hawkfish grab the food around him. He still looks really skinny, but this is off to a good start.
Sweet! I would keep mixing the mysis with masstick till it’s second nature and over time see if adding just mysis triggers eating response. Great start excited for ya!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well alrighty then! How’s about a CBB update?
Oh and Hiya! Hope all is well in and outta the tank
Well the cb and the hawkfish, who are both my newest fish, are the only fish who will eat out of my hands. The cb is looking healthier and is eating a bunch every day. I still think he needs to bulk up, but I'm now thinking he is going to make it through this. We named him "Bubba" because he likes shrimp. The hawkfish we named "Hawkeye" because we all lack imagination and are also a Marvel movie family. We opened up a clam on Sunday and they worked on that all day. I placed a clam in my other tank and the tangs went crazy for it. I found a new expensive delicacy.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the cb and the hawkfish, who are both my newest fish, are the only fish who will eat out of my hands. The cb is looking healthier and is eating a bunch every day. I still think he needs to bulk up, but I'm now thinking he is going to make it through this. We named him "Bubba" because he likes shrimp. The hawkfish we named "Hawkeye" because we all lack imagination and are also a Marvel movie family. We opened up a clam on Sunday and they worked on that all day. I placed a clam in my other tank and the tangs went crazy for it. I found a new expensive delicacy.

Glad to hear things are working out. I know for one that a sick/fish with a problem can be stressful

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back