Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! That is lol worthy commentary right there. lol
Those numbers aint too terrible. The ammonia is a touch worrying. I would add some bottled bacteria products. Stability or Frits are my go tos with QT. A little bit of buffering products after a water change. Fish usually tolerate water changes just fine. Looking forward to some pictures.
I was thinking that the water changes would take care of the ammonia since it isn't too high. But I have to make a run my lfs today anyway. I wouldn't hurt to pick up a bottle of Fritz. I hadn't thought of that. I have some in my "aquarium pantry" but it is older than I am. May as well pick up some fresh stuff. Thanks for the input. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay...I promised a before and after shot and part way in my 1st water change, I realized I didn't get a "before" shot. So here it is while doing a water change. Some of my corals here have hidden due to my intrusion. It will be about a week when I give you the "after" shot. Already, stuff looks fluffier. My Ammonia is down and My Alk is up a bit. I dosed with eight.four yesterday, so I think that that plus the power vacuuming has started to make a difference. I'll be doing another partial water change again on Wednesday. Let's hope this doesn't take too to get things back on track.
Cleaning Tank.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught my 13-year-old son trying to feed the fish uneaten pizza crusts. I have a second son, so I can give him away because of this and still have one to spare. But he makes me coffee in the mornings and still likes to snuggle. Oh, what to do, what to do. Geez, I hope my fish don't get sick. They seemed to like pepperoni pizza remnants.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught my 13-year-old son trying to feed the fish uneaten pizza crusts. I have a second son, so I can give him away because of this and still have one to spare. But he makes me coffee in the mornings and still likes to snuggle. Oh, what to do, what to do. Geez, I hope my fish don't get sick. They seemed to like pepperoni pizza remnants.
After tasting pizza they will never go back to flake food.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kids are amazing they can keep ya young and age you at the same time. Pretty sure the aging part has a bit of an edge :p but no greater thing in my life than having my boys and the privilege of seeing them grow into the men they are today.
I have stories all saved up to tell their kids give em some ideas on how to torture their parents and make me laugh all over again someday

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the new tank.
I like pizza way to much to share with my fish. I spoil them in other ways
Fish deserve to be spoiled -- they are trapped in a tank. I always hope they are happy. ;Happy

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang is officially grounded. I told him he isn't allowed to come out from under his ledge for a week. He doesn't seem to want to stay put -- urgh, teenagers. I woke up this morning and my purple tang has his fins slashed. There is only one guy in the tank who would do that. I'll let everyone know how the grounding works out for future reefers.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm trying to catch up on threads today @Raege and @Katrina71 are on the "to do" list -- talk about epic reading! I'm mixing water for my evening water change and trying to figure out my Nitrate problem which still is high. I've gotten the ammonia down and everything else seems fine parameters-wise. I must be over feeding. I haven't been able to get the parameters at a healthy level since I started maintaining my own tank again. I'll be honest...I'm getting grumpy about it.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Salty Lemon This is the first good list I’ve been on! :D
Nitrates ugggh Just found my tds meter was shot on output had been pumping nitrates into tank doing extra WC to get rid of nitrates........

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think your son might know why your nitrates are high?
With that one, there is always a chance. It wouldn't hurt to check. He likes to sneak the dog and cat treats too -- so I wouldn't be surprised.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only solution I can think of is to buy a large colony of softies to consume those for ya. ;)
They are 25% off at my lfs this weekend. Hmmm. I think you have a good idea here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back