OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumbledore II has been missing for about two weeks. I was hoping he was hiding in rock somewhere, but today I found hair algae. The tangs didn't like him much, but they didn't do what I would consider "bullying". They just pushed him out of the way if he was nearby. Fish stress? Sigh. I think I need to run to the store to get a Dumbledore III before the algae gets out of hand. I'm not certain the tangs would be nice about the new fish. D2 was there before they were, so there wasn't really a territory battle. If this new fish dies, there will not be a Dumbledore IV. It will just show that the name is cursed. The dynasty ends with the new guy and another lawnmower blenny heir with a different name will have to take his place. (I may have been watching too much Game of Thrones lately.)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( D2 Snaped. Wish ya luck with 3. Do the tangs not chow any or enough?
They haven't seemed to be too interested. They are always picking at the rocks and eat the nori I feed. But if there is a patch, they won't eat it.

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumbledore II has been missing for about two weeks. I was hoping he was hiding in rock somewhere, but today I found hair algae. The tangs didn't like him much, but they didn't do what I would consider "bullying". They just pushed him out of the way if he was nearby. Fish stress? Sigh. I think I need to run to the store to get a Dumbledore III before the algae gets out of hand. I'm not certain the tangs would be nice about the new fish. D2 was there before they were, so there wasn't really a territory battle. If this new fish dies, there will not be a Dumbledore IV. It will just show that the name is cursed. The dynasty ends with the new guy and another lawnmower blenny heir with a different name will have to take his place. (I may have been watching too much Game of Thrones lately.)

What is dead may never die But rises again harder and stronger,
Saw this reply some years ago about cyano or hair algea, might apply this to your lawnmower dynasty.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is dead may never die But rises again harder and stronger,
Saw this reply some years ago about cyano or hair algea, might apply this to your lawnmower dynasty.
Love the G.O.T. reference. I don't like the Greyjoys and I don't like hair algae. The lawnmower dynasty will prevail! :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s tough to get good help these days :( my foxface is useless even when I had a yellow tang he slowed down. Maybe we feed em to good
I know mine are fat -- you could be right. :)

99Problems

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice job on everything. Your patience will definitely pay off. I think you just sold me on a aqueon 210 over the 180. I'm already getting push back from the warden though & I'm hardly out of the laundry room. "Does that look like something Joanna Ganes would do?"

0707192230_Film1.jpg

Last edited:

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I have a question. How in the world do you get the sump in & out? I was fooling with mine (used) I didn't take it out, because the tank whooped our butt never did get this thing out. I think its the old rs300 eshopps

U

User1

View Badges
It’s tough to get good help these days :( my foxface is useless even when I had a yellow tang he slowed down. Maybe we feed em to good

My Foxface was also a poo head. Great personality but eating off the rocks nope. Wants to go to Ruth's Chris I guess so only eats the algae off the clip.

Now what worked for me was adding a Scopus and Lavender Tang. Those two are a wrecking crew. I can even tank a strand of GHA that is in my overflow and put it in the main display and they go bonkers. Oddest thing. I wish I added a Purple Tang first though. Now that Mr. or Mrs. Scopus is in the tank I don't think I can add anything to remotely looks like it or shape :D

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back