Tonya's 210 Gallon

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Not sure if you’ve seen the Kent long handle scraper. Works great and keeps hands dry depending on tank depth

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Not sure if you’ve seen the Kent long handle scraper. Works great and keeps hands dry depending on tank depth
I'm going to have to look that up! I have a long-handled scraper from PetCo, but it is mediocre at best.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this weekend I did it. I scraped. Scraped some more. I didn't really do much with the back. I then decided that I may as well clean out everything so I scrubbed my gyres and did a full protein skimmer clean out.. Today I glued frags -- my corals are currently angry with me along with my purple tang. He did not want me moving stuff around. I currently have more glue on my fingers than on my frags. I can't do a FTS right now (due to angry corals). But I can post a couple before and after coral shots. This duncan/whisker coral was my very first coral I purchased when I got back into the hobby months ago. I bought him when I had my smaller tank about eight months ago. He is now in the 210 and about 5-6 inches wide. :)
duncan  baby.jpg
Duncan 8 mos.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe that I waited so long to visit your build thread. OUTSATNDING Salty, just outstanding!
Thanks @P-Dub ! I'm glad you joined the party. And I appreciate the compliments. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to have to redo this at night when the corals show up better. The top rocks are reserved for when my tank has been up awhile and everything is more stable. I'll keep sps etc there. There is an open space that is hard to see in the photo to the left, but I'll be adding more rock and create a ricordea garden there -- once again waiting on tank stability.
19 July FTS 2 Scraped.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeing tons of potential everywhere. Kudos on your patience.
Lots of space to fill up. I'm not certain if it is patience or my learning early on that SPS died in my tank because I didn't know they shouldn't be placed in a new set up. When the force and I become one -- I'll start the SPS. That, and I'll be able to make things fly through the air with my mind.

U

User1

View Badges

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back