OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo shoot for everyone. This is how we Stuempfls mix saltwater in a hurry. Yes, that is my last name -- I blame my husband for it. My maiden name was much easier to spell and pronounce. My husband says we can only pronounce it correctly, if we are drunk off of German beer.
Mixing Water.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a water change that should be written about in books last night. I scrubbed and replaced gyres, I moved rock, and I removed algae. I woke up this morning to flat corals and there is a huge hole in my sand. It means I need to jump in and adjust the propellers, move sand and test the water again. Now it is 6:52 Arizona time and I've only been awake for about twenty minutes had about 1/3 cup of coffee -- so my grouchiness level is higher than it will be in an hour. But I'm just ticked as heck that I have to get wet this morning and go back in. Maybe I should make my coffee Irish.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have itty bitty snails and spirorbid tube worms...So six-line wrasse? Yes or no? I need to get rid of these things. I hear they might the answer to my pest issues, but can be the devil incarnate to other fish in the tank.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh tough call. I have read same as you may or may not go for em then there’s the whole aggression issue depending on rest of your stock list. If you always planned on a 6 line then worth a shot but if it changes what you can do down road without removing him could be a pain.
They are filter feeders so if you can take away food source in water column perhaps? Go pellets only very small amounts multiple times a day so fish get mist all and no coral foods broadcast into tank maybe you could knock em down?
Good luck hopefully someone has a solid plan of action for ya

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh tough call. I have read same as you may or may not go for em then there’s the whole aggression issue depending on rest of your stock list. If you always planned on a 6 line then worth a shot but if it changes what you can do down road without removing him could be a pain.
They are filter feeders so if you can take away food source in water column perhaps? Go pellets only very small amounts multiple times a day so fish get mist all and no coral foods broadcast into tank maybe you could knock em down?
Good luck hopefully someone has a solid plan of action for ya
I hate fish bullies. I can try to reduce feeding. I've been meaning to do it anyway since my Nitrates are up there quite a bit. I've never considered one until I started getting the Spirorbid worms. I must have spent close to an hour scraping the back of my tank last night. I noticed the snails in my Gyres and in my sump. I can try pellets and see how it goes. My fish mostly eat frozen and occasionally flake. I can stop the coral food too. Thanks for the ideas. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is so much prettier than these phone shots. I tried so hard to get a good picture of my purple tang, but between the lights, his coloration, my phone quality, and his constant movement, I just wasn't able to get get a good one of him.
IMG_20191117_164955225.jpg
IMG_20191117_170848761_2.jpg
IMG_20191117_171241365.jpg
IMG_20191117_171722332_2.jpg

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tangs. I miss my yellow but he grew into a jerk :( At least he got a new big home to run wild in
Taking pics is tough for sure. So many different apps and every phones quality is different. In the end any pic is a good one gives folks a glimpse of your salty world which is very cool

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tangs. I miss my yellow but he grew into a jerk :( At least he got a new big home to run wild in
Taking pics is tough for sure. So many different apps and every phones quality is different. In the end any pic is a good one gives folks a glimpse of your salty world which is very cool
Yeah...I made a mental note to myself to keep up picture updates. I always want to see everyone else's tank, so I should keep adding photos on my part. My yellow tang is definitely the current boss of the tank. But he isn't too bad -- so far. We will see what happens as he matures.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have itty bitty snails and spirorbid tube worms...So six-line wrasse? Yes or no? I need to get rid of these things. I hear they might the answer to my pest issues, but can be the devil incarnate to other fish in the tank.

My 6 line (Bruce) is my favorite fish in the tank. Amazing coloration, always swimming around, does this little wiggle move in the front when he sees me. Co exists peacefully with 2 clowns, a blue devil damsel, and a lawn mower blenny in a 28g. He is the only fish that has never exhibited ANY aggression that I’ve seen. The only drawback to owning one: hard to get a good picture!

Oh, and I don’t have any pests :)
6A7CE18D-B412-425F-A520-FF76DFFB443F.png

Back